Friday, September 11
Follow Us on Twitter: @FranklinBolts
PTA Meeting 9/14 @ 11:00AM in IMC Annex
Wednesday is an Early Dismissal (12:30)
Safety Tip: Picking Up & Dropping Off
The front of the building is always the busiest flow of traffic before and after school. We encourage you to consider alternative options such as: behind the tennis courts or the alley off 20th St.
Need to Know: Issue #2
- When do students hear school announcements?
- How can I get messages to my child?
- What's the best way to communicate with teachers?
Click here to access: http://franklin.cr.k12.ia.us/assets/23/6/Issue_2_(9-11-15).pdf
Picture Re-take Day
Lifetouch will be here taking school make-up pictures on Thursday, October 22nd at 12:30 PM. If students did not get their picture taken on Back to School Night and would like to order pictures, order forms are available in the Main Office for students to pick up. The link to the form is as follows: http://franklin.cr.k12.ia.us/assets/23/6/Lifetouch_Flyer_2015.pdf. They should bring their order forms and payment with them on Thursday, October 22nd. This will be your final chance to order school pictures for this year.
If students ordered a package on Back to School Night and need them redone, please bring that packet along on make-up day.
Sports Competitions Begin
We will do our best to provide as many pictures as possible showcasing our teams.
Ways to Support Franklin
Follow the link for more information: http://franklin.cr.k12.ia.us/our-school/ways-to-support-franklin/
Expand Our Art Lab
The graphics program at Franklin Middle School is expanding! Dr.Carr has initiated a Donors Choose fundraising campaign to procure Adobe Photoshop Licenses for all of the Art Lab computers. Thanks to the Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation and some generous private donors we are already over halfway to our goal! If interested in helping support the art program in this endeavor please click here to check out our project.
Magazine Sales are Coming
Our one and only school fundraiser will soon begin. Next Tuesday, September 15 we will hold our Kickoff Assembly to all our students. Students will be bringing information home later that evening. We only have two turn-in days for our students. Turn-in days are Tuesday, September 22 & Tuesday, September 29. Our online store is at http://www.gaschoolstore.com/
Cash donations to Franklin Middle School are totally acceptable and are 100% profit and 100% deductible.
Funds from our fundraising program are used in a variety of ways. Here are just a few examples of the ways our monies are being put to use for your students:
- Art Club: (Supplies)
- Lego Robotics: (Supplies, Team entries for contests, other related expenses)
- Science Olympiads: (Supplies, Team entries for contests, other related expenses)
- Franklin Buddies: (Supplies related to the activities done by this group)
- Drama/Musical: (Supplies, equipment, and other cost related to performance expenses)
- Jazz Band: (Contest fees, equipment not covered under district funding, additional music, extra travel expenses)
- Orchestra: (Contest fees, equipment not covered under district funding, additional music, travel expenses)
- Illumination: (Contest fees, equipment not covered under district funding, additional music, travel expenses, uniforms)
- Technology Purchases (Project Lead the Way supplies, PE, resources to assist in classroom throughout the building)
- Student Council: (Workshop expenses, registration fees, community service projects)
- Assemblies: (Special presentations from outside groups for all grade levels)
- Grade Level: (Allocations for awards and all grade/team activities)
- PBIS: (Building wide rewards, supplies, materials)
- Year Book: (Printing and supplies related to publication)
- Curriculum: (Materials that go above and beyond the standard curriculum used or for extensions of classwork)
- Athletic teams: (Replacement of uniforms, equipment, and materials)
- Library: (Supplies and materials above and beyond the supported district budget)
It's important to note that all students benefit from their fundraising. The monies raised are put to good use in enhancing the quality of experiences students participate in here at Franklin Middle School. We appreciate the support we get from our Franklin families in helping to make our Fundraising campaign such a success and the ONLY fundraising we will as our families to do for the year.
Follow the link to view more magazine information: