Paulo Panther Weekly
Weekly events and announcements: 11/21/21
This Week's Schedule
- Blythedale Holiday Toy Drive continues
- Tues. Nov 23 SLT meeting 2:30 PM (Zoom)
- Tues. Nov 23 PTA Meeting 6 PM (Zoom)
- Tues. Nov 23 Literacy Night (Zoom)- immediately following PTA meeting (same link)
- Wed. Nov 24 Crazy Hat Day (8th grade only event)
- Thurs Nov 25 & Fri Nov 26 - School Closed for the Thanksgiving Holiday
Paulo's Virtual Literacy Night
Heart of Humble Heroes Hundred-Day Challenge Nov. 19th through Feb. 27th
Requirements Checklist lists the criteria that must be met for your work to be considered for the challenge.
- Minimum of 15 hours of community service volunteer work within the 100 days of November 19th - February 27th
- Volunteer Log hand signed by a supervisor where you volunteered and given to Miss LaRocca by March 4, 2022.
- Final submission essay OR flipgrid due Friday, March 4, 2022 (see guidelines below)
Notices and volunteer logs went home Wed. Nov. 17 in the students' backpacks. If you have any questions, reach out to Miss LaRocca at firstname.lastname@example.org
ATTENTION 8TH GRADE: Crazy Hat Day Nov. 24th
This 8th grade event is another staple in a long list of senior activities that we will have this year. We will be handing out prizes throughout the course of the day for the most original and unique hats. Pajama Pants may only be worn as part of an outfit that includes a hat. All pajama pants must be appropriate for school. Slippers will not be allowed. Please help us in ensuring that this event is successful. Pictures will be taken for our yearbook and video yearbook.We hope this day will be a special one for our graduating class as we head into the holiday weekend.
There is Always Something to be Thankful for..
From your home away from home, the Paulo family wishes to extend our most heartfelt and warm thoughts to you and your family this Thanksgiving. We hope you enjoy your time off from school and fill it with making happy memories with those you love."What if today, we were just thankful for everything?"-Charlie Brown
It's MOVEMBER - Tues. Nov. 30th is Movember Day at Paulo
Nov. 30th will be MOvember awareness day at Paulo...wear your favorite mustache attire to earn service credit! Help support the cause for Men's Health.
21st Annual Holiday Toy Drive to benefit Blythedale Children’s Hospital
November Advisory Focus: Digital Citizenship
entertainment. However, it can pose dangers to your child, your computer andyour personal data. Follow the link below to some tips for parents to promote digital citizenship in the home. Tips for Digital Citizenship at home.
Saturday Morning Math Tutoring will not meet Sat. Nov 27th
"Virtual" Math Tutoring on Saturdays
from 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM will resume Dec. 4th
Classes are taking place remotely. Students WILL NOT report to school.
You must register your child at IS75.org under the School Store/Online Payments tab in order to attend math tutoring. After registering, the student will receive an invite to the google classroom.
After-school virtual Math tutoring during the week ended Nov. 12th
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT)
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) is a temporary federal food benefit program for families to buy food to make up for school meals that were missed while students were enrolled in remote/blended learning. Benefits can be used anywhere EBT/SNAP are accepted, including most retail food stores and farmers markets. Families can expect $820-1300 for the 2020- 2021 school year, exact amounts will vary based on the number of days a student was learning remotely each month. P-EBT is for ALL NYC public school students regardless of family income or immigration status. There is no application for P-EBT, it is issued automatically.
- DISTRIBUTION 1 Covers March - June 2020, and was issued in fall 2020
- DISTRIBUTION 2 Covers Sept 2020 - March 2021, and started distribution in June 2021
- DISTRIBUTION 3 Covers April - June 2021, and will start issuing in fall 2021
For more information:
• For answers to commonly asked P-EBT food benefit questions visit the NYS OTDA website at otda.ny.gov/SNAP-COVID-19
• NY State P-EBT Helpline: 1-833-452-0096
• EBT Customer Service 1-888-328-6399 or www.connectebt.com to request a replacement card, check your balance, or activate (PIN) a card
Here is the link to the NYS School List to check the P-EBT distribution status for individual schools.
SCHOOL SPIRIT CALENDAR FOR 2021-2022
Here at Paulo, we understand the importance of cultivating a sense of student pride and ownership across our hallways and classrooms. We believe that this sense of warmth and optimism allows our students to feel valued and welcomed each and every day and makes Paulo a place where all students can flourish. To this end, we enlist your support in ensuring your child participates in our various Paulo Pride days.
November 24, 2021- Crazy Hat Day (8th Grade Only Event)
December 17, 2021 – Door Decorating Judging
December 22, 2021 - Ugly Sweater Day
December 23, 2021- Twins Day
January 7, 2022 – College Awareness Day- Wear your favorite college swag
February 11, 2022 – Football Jersey Day
February 14, 2022 – Wear Red for Valentine’s Day
February 17, 2022 - International Night
March 17, 2022 – Wear Green for St. Patrick’s Day
April 8, 2022- Basketball Jersey Day
April 29, 2022 – Light it Up Blue for Autism
May 4, 2022- Star Wars Day
May 27, 2022 – Superhero Day
June 1, 2022-Soccer Jersey Day
8th Grade T-Shirt Design Contest
The theme for this year’s graduating class is “Make Lemonade.” This speaks to recent challenges we have endured and the remaining aftermath, making choices, and keeping things positive and in perspective. Now more than ever, we are making the most of less than ideal circumstances.
The official start of the senior t-shirt design contest is now! The deadline to submit an entry will be December 1st. Designs are to be submitted to Ms. Runfolo, digitally or directly in person to room 418.
Useful Links: Self-help
- Daily Health screening https://healthscreening.schools.nyc/
- Health and Safety in Our Schools COVID-19 School Health Policy.
- IS75 Website https://www.is75.org/
- NYC Schools Account Portal NYC Schools Account (NYCSA)
- Parent Consent for Testing New York City Schools Account (NYCSA)
- School Food Forms https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application
- Student Account information schools.nyc.gov/studentaccounts
- Student-Family Handbook https://www.is75.org/pdfs/Paulo%20Student-Family%20Handbook%202021-22%20_1_.pdf
- Student transportation https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/transportation/transportation-overview/whats-ne
- Vaccine portal Vaccine.schools.nyc