MTE Family Newsletter
October 9, 2020
Mountlake Terrace Elementary Little Hawks
Attendance: During Remote Learning, please contact your teacher directly.
ECEAP Preschool Office: (425) 431-3339
Edmonds School District : (425) 431-7000
- MOVE 60 - Do you have equipment?? TODAY- 4:00-6:00PM---LAST CHANCE EQUIPMENT PICKUP!!!!!
- Packet and Library Book Pick up is this Monday from 10:30 am-3:30 pm AND 4:30 -6:00 pm. If your student has received notification from their teacher that they will have something to pick up and/or your student has checked out a library book, please make every effort to pick these up on Monday.
In this issue:
- Hello from Principal Mary Williams
- Message from the MTE Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) Including; Little Hawk Masks, Spirit Wear, Text Messages, Harvest Packets, MOD Pizza, PTO Meetings, Goodwill Truck, Box tops, MTE Connection Directory
- Requesting Student Check-ins
- Move 60 Links
Lunch Bunch Guests for Next Week - Join us!
12th annual Celebrate Schools 5k Run/Walk Update
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS
- Helpful Links
Happy Friday Mountlake Terrace Community,
I am writing to talk with you about Zoom. We are so appreciative of how families are supporting their children during online learning. You all really are going above and beyond to be supportive to teachers and your students. We hope that you all are starting to settle in to accessing Canvas and/or SeeSaw. We hope that you are receiving clear communication from the school and your child's teacher. We hope that if you have tech needs or support with life situations you know we are here to support you. If there are things that you are needing or concerns that you have, please let us know. We are working the best we can to support you.
Please also remember that Zoom brings school right into your home. Be aware of the fact that other students can see and hear what you all are saying and doing. We want you to be able to maintain your privacy while your child gets their information.
Please remember the following:
- Family members should be fully dressed when they appear on Zoom, we can see you in the background as well.
- We can hear what you are saying, if needed please have your child mute.
- Your child is working hard to focus on the learning; if they need headphones to help with that we have some great recommendations or can help get headphones if you are not able to afford them.
- If you are able, and please know I am aware that this is not possible for all students, help your child/children find separate quiet spaces where they can learn.
- Create a system and structure that works for your students to be on their Zoom meetings on time and for them to do their independent work.
- Most importantly take care of yourself and give yourself grace. These are challenging times and you all are doing your very best, we see that and we appreciate that.
Thank you for being great advocates and supports for your students. Remember, we are here to be support for you all as well.
Yours in learning,
Mountlake Terrace Elementary
Chat with the Principal - Save the Date
- We want to hear your thoughts, concerns, and questions. Principal Mary Williams will be holding open Zoom meetings every month as way to stay connected with you. She will be sharing more about these meeting in next week's Newsletter but for now, please save the date.
- These will be held each month with one day in English and one day with Spanish interpretation.
- Each meeting will be an hour long and there will be one during the day and one in the evening to accommodate your schedules.
Upcoming Chat with Principal Dates and Times
October 20, 2020 (with Spanish interpretation) PLEASE NOTE DATE CHANGE FOR INTERPRETER
- 10:00 - 11:00 AM
- 6:00 - 7:00 PM
October 27, 2020
- 10:00 - 11:00 AM
- 6:00 - 7:00 PM
Happy Fall! Your PTO has been hard at work!
1. Currently we are hosting the little hawk masks. The last day to order is October 19th. To order please go to our website: littlehawkspto.org
2. Spirit Wear Store On Now! Here is the direct order link: https://tcspan.printavo.com/merch/mte-littlehawks
3. To receive updates and messages through text please text PTO to 88202
4. Harvest Packets – 10/26 - these will be at your Monday pick up from the school. It will be a leaf rubbing kit and our wonderful Brandi will be putting out a YouTube Video! Please check our website or Facebook for the links.
5. MOD Pizza 10/25 - MOD Pizza is graciously hosting us for the whole day and 20% of the proceeds are going to the school. Stop by anytime between 10:30am - 10 pm. It is important that you tell them you are there supporting the MTE PTO. There will be an online code that comes out a week before the event. Please check our website or Facebook page for updates.
6. PTO Meeting- 10/26: Zoom information can be found below or on our website:
- Topic: MTE PTO General Meeting
- Time: Oct 26, 2020 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
- Join Zoom Meeting
7. Goodwill Truck- 11/7 - Fill the Goodwill Truck! Saturday November 7, 2020 Sorellis Pizza - 22402 44th Ave W Mountlake Terrace
8. Box tops - If you have any box tops, please bring them to the packet pick up on October 26th. If you need someone to come pick them up from you please email firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Next PTO Meeting November 23rd - Zoom Link will be posted.
10. MTE Connection Directory
- This school year looks a lot different than those before it. We don’t get to see our community at events or pick up and drop off. This year our students don’t get to be in the classroom with peers. This year we need to adapt, we can adapt and we are adapting.
- The PTO is putting together a directory so that you can reach out to classmates. Pods can be created for safe small group learning. Peers can meet in small groups, with masks to stay safe but provide the valuable interaction of socializing.
- Please take a moment and visit the link below and fill out a 3 minute form. Together we are adapting, together we are more. Mask up!
- DUE: 10/21/20
Request for check-in: How to make self referrals to request additional assistance from the school
The Student and Family Support team has created a form for students and families to make self referrals to request additional assistance from the school. Students might need help navigating relationships, school work or feelings. Families might need connections to resources or additional help from the school. Please use this form to communicate any concerns or needs as they arise.
Hello from Mr. McCarthy.
I am so happy to be doing Move 60 this year. I hope you have been able to join in on the fun this week. On Wednesday our MTE Move 60 Zoom was so great!!!
This week’s goal:
- Check out each class.
- TAKE STUDENT AND PARENT SURVEYS You need to log into Welnet to do this. (directions below if you need them)
Some students didn’t get email with Move 60 links but I am hopeful this is fixed. On Wednesday we will do MTE MOVE 60 Zoom and I will stay after class if any adults have questions about the program or need help with surveys.
FAMILY NEWS TIPS
- LAST CHANCE EQUIPMENT PICKUP!!!!! We will offer one more "Last Chance for Move 60 At-Home Equipment Kits" pick up this Friday, October 9th at Mountlake Terrace Elementary between 4:00-6:00 pm. We will not deliver to doorsteps or have any more kits available after this Friday so this is the LAST chance.
- EACH DAY GO TO THE ACTIVITY CALENDAR LINKS ON ACTIVITY CALENDAR BECOME LIVE WHEN THE EVENT BEGINS.
Move 60 Weekly Activities Schedule
- The Move 60 Activity Calendar - If a family downloads the Edmonds School District app on their phone, there is a Move 60 icon that takes them directly to the website and the calendar. Super easy with this app!
- Also all students have been sent all of the links in their emails. They can do all this from their Chrome Books!!!!
Have a great Week 2.
STUDENT AND PARENT SURVEYS Directions
Part of our data keeping information will be done by doing Surveys. Below you will find how to access these surveys. We will talk about this when we have our MOVE 60 ZOOM on Wednesday.
Student surveys can be found on Welnet. How do I get to Welnet? Good question! Students need to log into Clever where they will find the Welnet button. Welnet will log them in automatically. This student survey is most appropriate for students in grades 3-6. If you are in grades 3-6, please encourage your student to complete the Move 60 survey! Thank you for your help.
Parent surveys can be found on your student's Welnet account. After your student has completed the student survey, parents can complete the parent survey. All of these surveys will be on your student's Welnet page (student survey and parent survey). All of these are important data points for the Move 60 grant. We appreciate your time taking the 3-5 minute survey. Thank you!
Questions about Move 60, go to these links below:
Here are the links you will need to save so you can do Move 60 every day from your Chrome To do this make it a bookmark by clicking on the link MOVE 60 Student LINKS.
I can show everyone how to do this on Wednesday Zoom Class. See you then!!!!!!!!
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
GO TO THE ACTIVITY CALENDAR
Move 60 Weekly Activities Schedule
LINKS ON ACTIVITY CALENDAR BECOME LIVE WHEN THE EVENT BEGINS.
Move 60 Wednesday
MOVE 60 WEDNESDAY 3:30 to 4:15 ZOOM CLASS:
Move 60 YouTube channel
LINK TO MOVE 60 WEBSITE:
Come have a fun social zoom with your favorite staff and friends.
Mrs. Nakkour and Ms. Kelly and staff will be joining you to play games, show and tell, watch cool science experiments, have fun and hang out Monday through Friday.
Special Guests Next Week:
Tuesday - Ms. Caitlyn - All about her family and her adoption day.
Thursday - Principal Williams - All about her AMAZING sneaker collection.
Time: 11:45 - 12:15
When: Monday - Friday
Zoom link: https://edmondsschools.zoom.us/s/81208370779
12th annual Celebrate Schools 5k Run/Walk Update
THANK YOU SO MUCH for participating in and supporting our 12th annual Celebrate Schools 5k Run/Walk this past Saturday! It was a foggy day - to say the least!
In total 795 families, students, teachers, administrators signed up to run/walk/stroll and wag with us - thank you! Thus far the event has raised $83+k and growing. Schools have raised $10,887 in donations, and more have come in today. Remember, schools keep donation dollars (minus bank fees), plus earn a percentage of the overall proceeds based on participation!
Some of our schools have asked to keep the CS5k donations portal open to allow for additional donation dollars to come to our schools. So, we're keeping the 5k donation portal open until October 31st.
Here's the link:
We are continuing this fundraiser for our schools through October 31st. Thank you for your support!
Mark your calendars:
12 Packet pick-up 10:30 - 3:30 and 4:30 - 6:00
14 Half Day - No school in Afternoon - classes end at 11:30AM
20 Family Zoom Chat with Principal Williams (with Spanish interpretation) PLEASE NOTE DATE CHANGE FOR INTERPRETER
26 Packet pick-up 10:30 - 3:30 and 4:30 - 6:00
27 Food Pantry at MTE 1:00 - 2:00PM
27 Family Zoom Chat with Principal Williams
28 No school for Students
2-6 Half Days - Family/Teacher Conferences in afternoons - classes end at 11:30AM
9 Packet pick-up 10:30 - 3:30 and 4:30 - 6:00
11 No School - Veterans Day
18 Half Day - No school in Afternoon
24 Food Pantry at MTE 1:00 - 2:00 PM
25, 26, 27 Thanksgiving Break - No School
30 Packet pick-up 10:30 - 3:30 and 4:30 - 6:00
Below are the approximate dates for a possible return to in-person learning. Please keep in mind, however, that the health authorities and COVID-19 will ultimately make these decisions and we will adjust as needed.
Possible dates to transition to in-person learning, if it is safe to do so:
Nov. 12, 2020
Feb. 3, 2021
April 14, 2021
Please note: You can, at any time you are interested, view all approved Community eFliers on the District website under the “Community” tab on the District homepage.
Clothes for Kids cultivates confidence and a readiness to learn by providing students and their families the opportunity to choose a personalized wardrobe at no cost.
The “What is Family Access?” webpage provides step by step instructions on how to log onto Skyward.