News from the Nest
September 15, 2017
The Week Ahead
- Online Spirit Wear Sale ENDS TONIGHT! (Visit the Online Store)
Monday 9/18 (day 1)
- Book Fair (during Library class - ends 9/19)
- Home & School "Welcome back get-together" for parents. 6:30pm. Location: 2nd Grade Pod
- First Home & School Meeting. 7-8pm. Location: 2nd Grade Pod
Tuesday 9/19 (day 2)
- Book Fair (during Library class - last day!)
Wednesday 9/20 (day 3)
- NO SCHOOL - Rosh Hashanah
Friday 9/22 (day 4)
- Fall Picture Day
Spirit Wear Sale - ENDS TONIGHT!
You are Invited!
Classroom Holiday Socials
1. Homeroom Coordinator: lead the effort to plan the socials and be the "point person" for the teacher. We need one per classroom!
2. Homeroom Parent (in-class help): 5 parents are permitted to attend each social. Jobs include leading games/crafts, serving snack, and taking yearbook pictures.
3. Homeroom Parent (at-home help): Help brainstorm ideas for activities and snacks and/or send in supplies for the party.
Please consider volunteering for one or several of these roles! This year, sign up is part of the Hands Across the District online form. We would like all volunteers to sign up by Friday, 9/22.
A meeting for Homeroom Coordinators and Parents will be held on Tuesday 9/26 7-8pm. If you have any questions, please contact Colleen Kurtz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Kid Stuff Books
Save the Date!
- KidStuff Orders (OR returned books!) due
- Chorus Contracts for 4th and 5th Grade students due
- 6:30-7:00pm - Home & School Committee Chair Meeting. Location: Library
- 7-8pm - Home & School Homeroom Parent & Coordinator Meeting. Location: Library
- Deadline to complete Volunteer form (Hands Across the District) online!
- Student Directory forms due
- 7-8pm Home & School Meeting. Location: Library
- NO SCHOOL - Act 80 Day for Teachers
Printable Vernfield Events Calendar
Back to School Bash - Recap!
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
- Book Fair helpers. 9/7 - 9/19, various times. (Sign Up)
Hands Across the District
Interested in Volunteering at our school? There is a little over 1 week left to fill out our online Hands Across the District form! Thank you in advance for your help!
Reminder: all volunteers must fill out the Registration and Disclosure Statement and return it to the office. There are also copies available in the Vernfield office.
Information about additional clearances needed can be found here.