The Graham School News O'Graham
- Tues. Oct. 25 - PSAT/NMSQT for 10th and 11th Grades at 8:00am
- Tues. Oct. 25 - Student Led Conferences for 10th and 11th Grades - after testing
- Tues. Oct. 25 - No School for 9th and 12th Grades
- Thurs. Oct. 27 - PSAT for 9th Grade/SAT for 12th Grade
- Thurs. Oct. 27 - Student Led Conferences for 9th and 12th Grades - after testing
- Thurs. Oct. 27 - No School for 10th and 11th Grades
- Fri. Nov. 4 - Homecoming Dance - 7:00-10:00pm at the Park of Roses (Whetstone)
- Wed. Nov. 9 - TGFS College Access Night - 5:30-7:30pm at TGS
- Tues. Nov. 15 - Virtual Enrollment Information Session - 6:00pm
- Mon. Nov. 21 - Tues. Nov. 22 - No School - PD Days
- Wed. Nov. 23 - Fri. Nov. 25 - No School - Thanksgiving Break
Haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir) a la derecha para ver esto en español.
Attention TGS Families
Thank you so much for all of your hard work in support of students this year. As we welcome some cooler weather and get excited for the last few months of 2022, we have a few important announcements for you.
- The end of Quarter 1 was October 13th. Grade cards will be mailed home this week. Please check PowerSchool and Schoology at any time for more detailed and up to date information about your student’s grades.
- Students in all grades will be taking the PSAT or SAT during the last full week of October.
- On October 25th, 10th and 11th grade students will take the PSAT. Students in 9th and 12th grade should stay home.
- On October 27th, 9th grade students will take the PSAT and 12th grade students will take the SAT. Students in 10th and 11th grade should stay home.
- If you are not certain which of these dates your student should attend, please contact the front desk for clarification.
- Fall Student-Led Conferences will be scheduled October 25th through 27th. Our goal is for all students to have an SLC attended by a family member. We would love to meet in person but we can also have meetings online or over the phone if necessary. Please keep an eye out for an email inviting you to schedule a specific time for your conference.
The Graham School Administration
Picture Day Information
Pictures day was on Tues. Oct. 18. If you would like to purchase pictures go to mylifetouch.com and entering the school code of EVT8T8HDK. Paper forms are available at the front desk.
Would your family benefit from a Thanksgiving Box?
The Graham School has partnered with a local church to provide families with Thanksgiving boxes. Boxes will include all the traditional sides plus a $20 Kroger/Giant Eagle gift card for the protein of choice. Each box would serve 8-10 people. Would your family benefit from a Thanksgiving Box this year? Click here to complete the quick survey.
Have you paid your Annual School Fee?
We ask our families to help with expenses by making an annual school contribution of $35.00. You may pay with credit card, cash, check or money order in person or by mail. You may also pay with a credit card online via the TGS School Store.
TGS Yearbook Committee
Save the Date for The Graham Family of Schools College Access Night - Wednesday, November 9 - 5:30-7:30pm at TGS
When you shop at Kroger and/or Amazon you can help TGS raise money for class supplies!
Go to: www.krogercommunityrewards.com or call 1-800-837-4483 to enroll in the program. Add Graham to your card. You can search for Graham by name or use our school code: IE209, Shop! Every time you shop and use your Kroger Rewards Card Graham gets rebates. Kroger totals those rebates and sends Graham a check.
Amazon Smile gives to The Graham School!
When you make a purchase on Amazon Smile they will donate 0.5% of your total purchase to The Graham School. Go to http://smile.amazon.com/ch/31-1713840 to get started!
Do you have co-workers, friends, or family members looking for high school options for the 2023-24 school year?
Tell them about our upcoming Virtual Enrollment Information Sessions!
Encourage them to complete an application to be considered for enrollment. Click here to complete an online application.
- Completing an online application does NOT commit the student to attend TGS.
Contact Pam Boseker, Enrollment Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-262-1111 (school office) or 1-513-449-0369 (direct number) for more information about The Graham School.
Free Flu & COVID Vaccine Information
Our partnership with EL Education empowers our teachers to unleash the potential of their students. EL Education is built on ten design principles that reflect the educational values and beliefs of Kurt Hahn, founder of Outward Bound and EL Education. These principles also reflect the design's connection to other related thinking about teaching, learning , and the culture of schools. The Graham School's habits of learning have grown out of the design principles: Self-Direction, Perseverance, Teamwork & Collaboration, Service & Stewardship, and Adventure & Risk.
TGS is a School-wide Title 1 program, enabling us to receive Federal Funds to ensure that our students receive the support they need to reach and exceed grade level goals in reading and math. We welcome parent involvement in planning, review and improvement of Title 1 programs. Please contact Debbie Addison at email@example.com with any questions. Click here for the Parent Pact.
RESIDENCY VERIFICATION NOTIFICATION
Per House Bill 21 community schools are required to perform a monthly review of student files and randomly select families for residency verification. Please contact the school immediately in case of an address change. Proof of residency must be submitted within two weeks of an address change. If evidence is not provided, requests for additional documentation or a home visit may occur.