Moreau Heights Elementary
Moreau Heights is a collaborative community focused on student growth with a commitment to excellence.
The PBS lesson for this week is on Bucket Filling. Help your students identify ways they can fill the buckets of others with their actions and words.
Our Second Steps lessons this week will focus on the following:
Kindergarten will begin bullying lessons provided.
1st grade will continue bullying lessons provided.
Grade 2 will continue bullying lessons provided..
Grade 3 will continue bullying lessons provided.
Grade 4 will continue bullying lessons provided.
Grade 5 will continue bullying lessons provided.
Are you using Charger Cash to reinforce PBS expectations and Second Step skills?
- We want to use positive reinforcement to draw attention to what we want to see more of from our students.
- How do you make sure you are putting the focus where you want it?
- Are you remembering to use all your tools? Specific feedback? Charger Cash?
"You are a giant, yellow highlighter. Highlight behavior you want more of, and help children become aware of the many kind and helpful things they do each day."
Duties for the Week
Calendar of Events
Monday, May 7
*Teacher Appreciation Week - wear a "teacher" or school shirt
*5th grade Math iReady test
*Sue and Kelly at Model Classroom
*LCMS transition conversation (Haugen, Holtmeyer) 1:30
Tuesday, May 8
*"No Sweat! We got this!" - wear workout attire
*Sue at BOE 8:30 - 9:15
*JR Staffing/IEP (Farmer, Haugen, James, Gragg, Detrick, Albers) 9:15
*Lunch with the Principal 11:00
*PTO mtg 6:00
Wednesday, May 9
*Nurse Appreciation Day
*"We are all on the same team!" - wear a shirt from your favorite sports team
*Interagency mtg for SM 9:00 - 10:00
*NM Staffing/IEP(?) (James, Haugen, Boeckman, Treat) 11:00
Thursday, May 10
*"Our teachers have class!" - dress nicely
*Collaboration - Unit 1 ELA CFA
*Elementary Principal's mtg (Sue at BOE) 8 - 12
*CN Staffing/IEP (James, Haugen, Fleming, Treat, Gragg) 3:30
Friday, May 11
*"Chargers through and through!" - wear your Charger gear
- 8:30 grades 3-4
- 9:40 grades k-2
*Patrol Picnic 10:30 - 1:30
*SST for AM (Fleming, Holliday, James, Haugen, Treat) 11:00
Monday, May 14
*Staffing for SS (Treat, Haugen, James, Henderson)
*4th and 5th grade PBS Celebration
Tuesday, May 15
*5th grade promotion and reception 12:30 - 3:00
*K-3 PBS Celebration
Wednesday, May 16
*Sports Day (12:30 - end of day)
Thursday, May 17
*Last Day - students dismissed 12:15
End of Year
1. Please be sure that when you have any special events going on in your grade level, information about times and such are shared with our secretaries. They take many calls with questions that can be answered easily if we have the information.
2. The 2018 summer professional development activities have been added to the district catalog in MyLearningPlan. Staff can sign up for activities listed in the district catalog by clicking on the activity title, then clicking on Sign Up Now.
3. Our assemblies for grades k-4 are Friday, May 11. Teacher teams need to decide on special awards to give to students. Teachers will announce and distribute these at the assembly. These will not have to be turned in to the office.
4. Other dates to keep on your calendar
- End of Year Celebration at Connelly's house on May 17th after school
- Holtmeyer's Retirement Reception on May 18th at 5:00 at Canterbury Hill Winery.
- Returning Staff discussion to "Look Forward" May 24th at 9:00 in MH library.
5. End of year Checkout Forms
Certified staff (non-grade level teachers) - https://goo.gl/forms/FfBNBuHjkiyOp6W33
Grade level classroom teachers - https://goo.gl/forms/EOsD6k93pAFMcbF63
Nominate a staff member who has made a positive impact for students, families and staff!