Junk Food Vs Healthy Alternative
By Gervasio Chavez
- Eat a variety of foods from the five food groups
- Include vegetables, wholegrains, fruit, nuts and seeds every day
- Choose healthier fats and oils
- Limit sugary, fatty and salty take-away meals and snacks
- Drink mainly water.
- Over 90% of American children eat at McDonald’s at least once per month
- The regular consumption of junk food is the leading factor in obesity and excess weight.
- Research has suggested that diets high in fat may also impair essential brain functions, like concentration and memory
- The average American of any age drinks over 500 cans of soft drinks per year
- The average person today consumes more sugar in two weeks than a person a century ago would have eaten in a whole year.