BES Safety Updates
Reminders and Changes for 2018 - 2019
Some parts are highlighted below as well as changes for 2018 - 2019.
Parents and others are welcome to visit the school. For the safety of those within the school and to avoid disruption of instructional time, we have implemented the following procedures:
1. All entrance and exit doors will be kept locked all day every day. Only the front entry door near the office area will be open to the public.
2. For the safety of our students, all visitors MUST first report to the front office to obtain a visitor’s badge. ALL visitors must submit a driver’s license or other state issued photo ID. This badge must be worn while visitors are on campus. Without a valid driver’s license or other state issued photo ID, visitation will NOT be permitted. We also ask that you EXIT the school through the front office as well instead of exiting side doors.
3. Visits to individual classrooms during instructional time are permitted with approval of the principal and teacher and only if their duration or frequency does not interfere with the delivery of instruction or disrupt the normal school environment. Please contact the teacher to schedule any classroom visits.
4. Staff WILL stop any visitors in the hallway who are not wearing a badge or who are not in the location designated by the badge and provide an escort to the front office where a proper badge can be acquired.
5. All visitors are expected to demonstrate the highest standards of courtesy and conduct; disruptive behavior will not be permitted.
Changes for 2018 - 2019
In order to continue to improve safety measures on our campus and across the district, the following changes have been made for this school year.
All staff will wear identification badges at all times while on campus.
We now have a Raptor kiosk which will allow parents to sign themselves in if they have visited the campus previously and signed in with the receptionist. Parents may still be asked to sign in with the receptionist on certain occasions.
We have added 2 new security cameras in our building and during the year, additional cameras will be installed.
An access panel for the office door across from nurse will be installed this year allowing for the ability to restrict access to instructional areas as needed.
Any changes in a student’s afternoon pick-up routine should be made known to the student’s teacher and/or the school office. Parents need to write a note to the teacher and/or contact the school office before 2:30 PM. Telling a student is not sufficient to ensure the student gets home in the correct way and changes requested by students will not be accepted. Because end of day procedures are focused on ensuring students go home safely and all staff are designated to that cause, transportation messages will not be accepted by the office staff after 2:30 PM.
New Tool: Crisis Go
Anytime you see bully-related activity or a safety issue, you can immediately report it to the school safety team right from the CrisisGo web tool found on the district website and on each campus website.
CrisisGo will allow our district to:
- Instantly report safety issues directly to the safety team
- Add context to reports by uploading image, video, or audio files
- Easily monitor and analyze trends with the CrisisGo console