Composing Surfactants is a Profit Making and Interesting Business Indeed
The Role Played by Surfactants
Surfactants are chemical ingredients applied in several industries for their cleansing, emulsifying and wetting properties. These chemical components are employed either as surfactant products or as soluble agents in many forms with respect to the industrial prerequisites. Since, surfactants are composed of detergent based ingredients that are soluble in both water and oil they are used to easily remove contaminants from the environment. Hence, they are also called as surface active ingredients. The applications of surfactants can be found in many industries such as cleaning products, paints and agrochemicals, oil fields and many more. The role played by these cleaning agents is tremendous because they are used to remove layers formed due to contamination of environmental effect.
Why Manufacturers Show Interest in Producing Different Compositions of Surfactants?
The dual faceted property of surfactants helps the manufacturers to prepare it for several industrial activities. For example, surfactants have both water attractive and water repellent properties. The hydrophobic or water repellent phase helps in production of aromatic products. The other feature called hydrophilic is classified into Anionic and non-ionic with respect to the detergent capacity present in it. In addition, the chemical ingredients employed in the preparation of various surfactants offer different properties in terms of working as an emulsifier, softener, foaming agent, etc. The success of preparing detergent agents depends on the selection of chemicals that will be blended. Hence, different compositions of surfactant ingredients work effectively to produce a range of industrial-friendly components. Kindly Visit - http://www.rimpro-india.com/surfactant.html
List of Variety of Surfactants Prepared and Their Industrial Importance
Cleaning and emulsifying agents are prepared by blending different chemical ingredients. Even composition contains different chemical property. Usages of these components are found to be highly reliable for several applications. Some of the most effective components that are included to form surfactants are,
- Fatty Alcohol Ethoxylate is a non ionic surfactant used in preparation of shampoos, foaming control agents, textile applications.
- Fatty amine ethoxylate is used as emulsifying agent, which is then employed in metal, oil field chemicals, fabric, petroleum and many other industries processes.
- Alkylphenol ethoxylate contains more than 90 % efficiency to be used in wastewater treatment.
- Polyethylene Glycols is used as surfactant component for effective dirt removal from textile materials.
- Silicon Oil Emulsifier is applied as stabilizing agent to control the effect of emulsifiers.
- Paraffin Wax Emulsifier is applied for its highly emulsifying property with which stability of emulsion can be attained.
- Castor Oil Ethoxylate- this non-ionic surfactant is highly applied in pharmaceutical industries, cosmetic, textile industries and animal feeds. It is an emulsifier, softener, stabilizer and solubilizing agent that stay very effective for preparations containing fat-soluble vitamins.
- Hydrogenated Castor Oil-A non-ionic component contains multiple properties such as a detergent, emulsifier, stabilizer and foam booster agent.
- Glycerin Ethoxylate is one of the important ingredients in cosmetic preparation. Its emulsifying property suits very well to get the proper texture of the cosmetic product. Concentrated glycerin ethoxylate stays an effect surfactant ingredient.
Though surfactants can be prepared based on its basic properties, it is always better to analyze the complete reacting power of the ingredients in accordance with the cleaning or emulsifying applications required in the industry to make the most of revenue in surfactant business.