Thorntown Elementary School 11/7/22
Learning can be messy!
Celebrating Students of the Week!
Volunteers Make the Difference
Our village is rich with support for our kids!
- Veterans' Day: Each year, our fifth graders coordinate our Veterans' Day program. This year, our community event will be held on Thursday, November 10 at 7PM in our gymnasium. The program will be repeated on Friday, November 11 for the rest of our student body.
- The weather will turn soon. Please be sure students are dressed to be outside. We will go out for recess whenever we can, so they will need jackets/coats, pants, hats, and gloves in the coming weeks.
- Our mornings are getting darker, so please be sure students walking or riding bikes to school are aware of how to travel safely. If you are traveling by car, please take extra time and precautions to watch out for students coming to school.
- We will hold our Scholastic Book Fair the week of Nov 28. This is a great time to stock your home libraries, shop for holiday gifts, and support our classroom libraries. More info to follow.
- Christmas Programs - SAVE THE DATEs: December 6 for PreK-2nd grade; December 8 for grades 3-5. Doors will open at 6:45. Programs will begin at 7:00. Please note that 6th grade programs are handled through Western Boone Jr/Sr High for students who have elected to take band or choir.
Think First & Stay Safe
The Indiana Center for Prevention of Youth Abuse and Suicide will visit again this year, to present their Think First & Stay Safe Child Lures Prevention presentation. Think First and Stay Safe and Teen Lures are comprehensive body safety education programs that teach children in grades K-12 ways to keep their bodies safe. The children will learn appropriate ways to prevent, respond to, and report situations such as bullying, cyber-bullying, and all forms of abuse or neglect. Programs will be presented to children in all Western Boone schools the week of November 28, 2022. Each presentation will take place in classrooms at the elementary/intermediate level and will last approximately 45 minutes. The presentations at the middle and high school level will last approximately one hour. Although not required, each child's attendance in the program is strongly recommended. Thank you for your partnership in our efforts to keep the children of our community safe!
School Spirit Wear Available
Visitors & Volunteers
7 PTO Mtg 6:30PM
10 Veterans' Day Program put on by 5th grade, 7:00PM, in the gym (Community Event)
11 Veterans' Day Program put on by 5th grade for our school, 9am
14 Spell Bowl Competition @ TriWest; School Board Mtg 7PM
22 Read-A-Thon Day
24-25 No School Thanksgiving Break