Smith Family Newsletter
We believe in the power of school and family partnerships.
Message from Ms. Rivera
This is an exciting time of year! The holiday seasons brings joy and anticipation, and it is also a great time of year because we get to see how much our students have grown up to this halfway point. We are currently assessing reading and math levels and looking for ways to enrich and intervene in order to push all students to their highest potential. Your help at home is appreciated. Reading with your kids every day, asking them open-ended questions, and practicing addition and multiplication facts will help them tremendously.
We have lots of fun events coming up, such as the Project Reach Regatta, the choir in the Christmas Parade, and classroom Christmas parties. We also have fun dress-up days coming up - see the picture below. In addition, PTO is hard at work planning events, such as pictures with Santa next Thursday and International Night on January 21st. To get involved with PTO, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope you and your family have a relaxing holiday season. For more information and updates visit our website, and follow us on Twitter @CedricSmithElem.
Raising Readers and Pictures with Santa - Thursday, Dec. 9th
- Doors open at 7:45 and the tardy bell rings at 8:30.
- Cell phones are prohibited in school zones and in the car rider line.
- In car rider line, do not block the back driveway - buses need to easily get in and out.
- If a student is absent, call the school to let us know.
- Excessive tardies and absences can lead to truancy classes and fines.
- Cut-off time for student checkout is 3:00.
- Cut-off time for checking kids out on December 17th is 12:00 (early-release day).