FC Career Center Newsletter
Timely updates & upcoming events
Week of November 9th:
Happy Monday!! Seniors, if you haven't already filled out your Apply Idaho application, make sure to do so! Links & instructions are below... or feel free to schedule an appointment with me if you need help!
It's time to get those FAFSA's submitted! Need help? There are many opportunities to sign up for FAFSA help throughout the month of November. (Details below.) Make sure to check out my video presentation on Financial Aid & Scholarships on my Google Site.
- Be sure to check out this week's virtual college visits!
- Visit the Frank Church College & Career Google Site for helpful resources & how-to videos!
Frank Church College & Career Center
FAFSA HELP! Take advantage of these opportunities offered to you throughout November!
Additionally, lots of colleges have general scholarship applications (for which you will need to submit an additional application). Here are the links to a few:
- Boise State
- Lewis-Clark State College
- College of Southern Idaho
- Idaho State
- Treasure Valley Community College
Lastly, make sure to check out Ms. O's Frank Church's Scholarship List
UPCOMING VIRTUAL COLLEGE VISITS!
- This year all the high schools in the district will be collaborating with each other on virtual visits with colleges... so you might see some students from Timberline, Boise, Capital or Borah in the virtual meet!
- Check out the date and time of each visit, and if your schedule allows, click on the link to join at the scheduled time.
- You'll notice many of the times are during the traditional high schools' lunch, so if you miss some class time, it's up to you to communicate with your teacher and make-up any missed work.
- Many of these visits will be in a question/answer format, so it'll be helpful for you to do a little research on the college prior to joining. How do you go about researching a college? I can help you with that in the Career Center! It's also okay to join to listen to other students' questions.
College of Western Idaho - Every Wednesday @ lunch!
Questions about CWI programs, how to apply, or next steps??Liz is available every Wednesday @ lunch!
Click here to join the virtual meet!
University of Idaho Events:
What: Taking place virtually- Meet the Vandals is a high-energy event for high school seniors and juniors, transfer students, and their families who want to learn more about who we are, why the University of Idaho could be a good choice for them, and what to do next. U of I leaders, faculty, staff and alumni are on hand to share the Vandal story, introduce programs and services, and answer your questions. The evening covers all things you need to know about becoming a Vandal, such as student life, housing options, majors, financial aid, the application process and much more.
MTV Scholarship Opportunity: Students who attend this event have the chance to win our Future Vandal Award! This award is a one-time, non-renewable scholarship of $1,000 specific to the Fall 2021 term. To be eligible students must have been admitted or be in an admissible to the University and attend one of our Meet the Vandal events. If a student has not yet applied, they will need to apply and be admitted to receive the award for the Fall 2021 term.
When: Thursday Nov. 5 @ 6:30-8:30 PM MST
Wednesday Nov. 11 @ 6:30-8:30 PM MST
Students and families register at https://futurevandals.uidaho.edu/portal/meet-the-vandals
¡Avanza¡ Move Forward:
What: Taking place virtually- We invite students and parents to learn more about the University of Idaho, as well as the College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP). U of I staff and alumni will assist you with the application for admission and provide information on financing your education.
Avanza Scholarship Opportunity: Idaho Central Credit Union will be interviewing students for a chance at a $500 scholarship. To interview for the ICCU scholarship, students must be in current senior and registered for Avanza. The future Vandals who earn the scholarships will be announced on Friday, November 20, 2020.
When: There will be keynote speakers from different regions in Idaho for each night, but if a student or family is not able to attend the even specific to their region, we still highly recommend participating on a night they are able to.
Tuesday Nov. 17 at 6 PM MST featuring Treasure Valley
Wednesday Nov. 18 at 6 PM MST featuring Magic Valley
Thursday Nov. 19 at 6 PM MST featuring Southeast Idaho
Students and families register at https://futurevandals.uidaho.edu/portal/avanza