Fabulous First Grade Flyer
Week of September 14th - 18th , Issue 3
Patriot Day Celebration
Monday Word Sorts
On Mondays your child will bring home a word sort. This will need to be completed at home. On Friday your child will be assessed on the word families listed on the sort, along with the sight words found at the top of their word sort sheet. Please help your child study these words and other words that follow that same pattern throughout this week. The word sort does not need to be turned in, it is a resource for you to use at home.
First Grade Volunteers
Calling ALL DOGS (Dads of Great Students)
If you would like to order birthday snacks for your childs birthday please see the attached form.
PTO Membership Contest runs from Monday 8/31 – Tuesday 9/15.
- Whoever joins PTO is entered into a raffle to win Prosper spirit gear or gift certificates to local restaurants (like Ernesto’s, Palio’s, JC’s Burgers, etc).
- The class with the most membership will win a popcorn and movie party
Thank you for your support
Don't forget to like them on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/folsompto/
We've Got Spirit YES We Do
-Students have PE everyday. Please be sure your child wears tennis shoes or brings them in their backpack.
-Please remember to check your child's folder everyday and initial.
-If your child is a walker please make sure to have a rainy day dismissal plan. Please talk to your child about the plan and let your child's teacher know.
Friday Ice Cream
Thank you for your help!
- Breakfast opens at 7:15 am for students at all grade levels: $1.15
- Lunch: $2.40 Meals include up to 5 items: 1 entree, up to 3 sides and a milk
- A la cart items are additional cost and displayed in the lunch line. Please visit myschoolbuckswebsite to block a la cart items that fit your family choices.
- Friday we sell ice cream for 1st-4th graders for $1 each. You may also block ice cream onmyschoolbucks
Mark Your Calendars
September 14th-25th- MAP Math Testing
September 15th- WatchDOG Breakfast 7:00-8:00
September 17th- Coffee Chat with the Principal-Community Room 7:45 am
September 22nd- Fierce Folsom Fun Run Kickoff Pep Rally at 1:00 in the Gym
September 24th- WatchDOG Kickoff
September 25th- Folsom Friday LIVE
October 1st- Fierce Folsom Fun Run
Writers Workshop: words contain a message
Readers Workshop: reading partnership expectations
Word Work: short i (-ip, -ig, ill) sight words-will, he, on, by
Grammar: capitalizing the first letter in a sentence and ending punctuation (.)
Social Studies: understanding patriotism and patriotic holidays, symbols & meanings
Science: properties of matter using 5 senses