PHS Media Minute
Plainfield High School Media Center Newsletter
Plainfield / Avon Reading Challenge
- Avon High School - 107,072 pages
- Plainfield High School - 103,794 pages
Top 10 Plainfield High School Readers:
- Devin Bridget
- William Buis - Top Student Reader
- Hannah Deal
- Tervor Ferrone
- David Foggin
- Megan Foss
- Gabriel Humphrey
- Kayla Kaiser
- Josue Sosa
- Allie Ternet
National D.E.A.R. Day
Drop Everything and Read - April 12th
*Taken from ALA website - American Library Association
National Library Week: April 13th-19th
Celebrate National Library Week 2014 (April 13-19, 2014) with the theme
Lives change @ your library, Honorary Chair: Judy Blume
The Plainfield High School Media Center joins libraries in schools, campuses and communities nationwide in celebrating National Library Week, a time to highlight the value of libraries, librarians and library workers.
First sponsored in 1958, National Library Week is a national observance sponsored by the American Library Association (ALA) and libraries across the country each April.
Celebrate the the 2014 Top 10 Best Fiction List for Young Adults
Declaration for the Right to Libraries
The Declaration for the Right to Libraries is the cornerstone document of ALA President Barbara Stripling’s presidential initiative, Libraries Change Lives, which is designed to build the public will and sustained support for America’s right to libraries of all types – academic, special, school and public.
Sign the Declaration online to promote the Right to Libraries.
2014 Summer of eLearning Opportunities
Research Database Spotlight
SIRS Issues Researcher
SIRS is the easy-to-use, Internet-based teaching and learning solution for students and teachers. Best of all, it’s available at school or from home 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Updated daily, SKS provides relevant, credible across the curriculum information on social issues, science, history, government, the arts and humanities. Full-text articles and Internet resources are carefully selected from respected organizations.
Access the SIRS Researcher at: http://sks.sirs.com/cgi-bin/hst-portal-res?id=SIN0197-0-5609
Access from outside of the high school:
T.H.E. Journal Magazine - FREE K-12 Technology Magazine
Top 10 Checkouts - March 2014
PHS MC Statistics - March 2014
- 67 classes on the MC floor out of 133 class periods = 50% scheduled
- 87 classes in the MC lab A112D out of 133 class periods = 65% scheduled (assisted with 21 classes)
- 1438 students from study hall and sent from classes
- 3893 students in scheduled classes (MC and MC lab A112D)
- 5331 total students for March
- Estimated: 281 students per day
- Estimated: 40 students per class period
- 509 student book/material checkouts (584 teacher book/material checkouts – staff inventory)