Davis/Martin Weekly Update
November 16 - November 20
We have many events coming up this week. On Thursday the 19th, there will be a breakfast for students who received all As on their first quarter report cards. The Thanksgiving Luncheon will take place that day, too. You needed to RSVP for this event in order to attend. Our lunch at from 12:00 p.m. On Friday the 20th, mid-quarter report cards will go home.
Students will have their chapter 5 Social Studies test on Tuesday. All students received a study guide with answers and a study guide without to practice with.
Mrs. Davis & Mrs. Martin
In LITERACY & SOCIAL STUDIES:
- Writing: Students will be working on a week-long writing unit. They will be writing 5 paragraph essays on the topic of thankfulness. Students will be using chromebooks and the internet to complete the entire writing process. Check out our progress on: Mrs. Martin's website
- Vocabulary: ancestor, dimension, dominate, invincible
- Read Aloud: Maniac Magee written by Jerry Spinelli
- Social Studies: Chapter 5 review and test on Tues. the 17th
In MATH & SCIENCE:
- Science: We will be getting our hands on sedimentary, igneous, and metamorphic rocks.
- Math: We are starting a new unit, Multiplication and Division with Fractions.
- We will continue to work on our individualized math program on Khan Academy and Front Row Math. Students are allowed to work on it at home.
- The students are improving their multiplication fluency by working on Math Facts Pro. Practicing Math Facts Pro is now part of the students' homework,multiplication logs are due on Monday.
- Weekly Reading Log: 20 minutes of reading, 5 nights per week, DUE MONDAYS (this is averaged into your child's reading grade)
- Weekly Vocabulary Page: This will go home every Tuesday, and needs to be completed and returned every Wednesday
- Weekly Multiplication Log: Math Facts Pro two times each night, 5 nights per week. These logs are also DUE MONDAY (this is averaged into your child's math grade)
- Students will most always have math homework every night through the week, Fridays and weekends off.
Tues. 11/17: Social Studies Chapter 5 Test
Thurs. 11/19: Honor Roll (All As) Pancake Breakfast (7:00 - 7:45 a.m.), Thanksgiving Luncheon
Fri. 11/20: 2nd Mid-Quarter Reports
Mon. 11/23: Mini-Course Day
Tues. 11/24: Early Dismissal (by 1 hour)
November 25 - 27: Thanksgiving Break
December 19 - January 3: Christmas Break