RA Long High School Newletter
September 18, 2022
Quote of the Week
OPEN HOUSE MONDAY!! 6:30pm-8:00pm
- Teachers will be in their classrooms.
- MUSIC TEACHERS: Ms. Askeland, Mr. Reed, and Ms. Shepard will be in room 115 in the main building, not at Monticello.
- Students please formally introduce your parent(s) or guardian that is in attendance to our staff.
- This is not a formal conference time, but a meet and greet event.
- You DO NOT have to attend your classes in order. Just make sure you hit all of them if you have time to do so.
2023 Senior Parent Meeting: Monday 6:00pm in the Auditorium Prior to Open House
High School Juniors and Seniors Needed as Outdoor School Counselors
If you are interested, see Mr. Reeves or send Mr. Reeves an email expressing your interest.. **More details to come.
RA Long Upcoming Events
- DANCE: FALL TOLO- September 24, 9pm-11pm (Theme: 70s): Dance passes were due last Friday.
- Picture Retakes: Wednesday, September 28 (times scheduled during the school day)
- Inservice Day: October 14 NO SCHOOL
- Fall Conferences: October 27th, Times TBD
All Things RA Long Athletics--Click link below
RAL DRESS CODE
DRESS CODE- applies to EVERY student taking a class at RA Long
The dress and appearance of students is the direct responsibility of the parents. School attire should reflect an academic focus and help maintain a safe and healthy school environment. Student appearance should be neat and clean and the body must be covered from the top of the shoulder to below two inches above the knee. If in the judgment of school officials dress or appearance is disruptive, the student will be required to change into appropriate clothing or will be sent home for insubordination. Team uniforms & spirit days must comply with administrative guidelines. The following rules apply to both genders:
- No under garments showing (including sports bras)
- No spaghetti straps, backless, strapless, halter-tops, crop tops, half-shirts, low-cut tops, one-shoulder, off-shoulder or see-through clothing
- Skirts/shorts must be no more than two inches above the knee (even with leggings).
- Cuts/slashes/fraying must also occur below the fingertip line
- Any rips that show skin must be no more than two inches above the knee.
- No sagging or bagging—pants must be pulled up
- No pajamas (tops or bottoms), slippers, costumes, blankets, or capes(flags)
- No displays (messages or pictures) that are vulgar, obscene, profane, violent, drug/alcohol/tobacco related, affiliated with gangs, discriminatory or demeaning to any person due to race, religion, ethnic group, gender or sexual orientation (including the Confederate flag or swastikas)
- No hats, bandanas, hairnets, head wraps, pulled-up hoods or sunglasses (exceptions for approved medical or religious reasons) If a hat is taken from a student, it will be returned on Friday after school. Hats are not to be seen in any classroom or in the hallways at any time.
- No unsafe jewelry such as spikes, long chains, etc.
Be sure to call the Attendance Office @ 575-7113 for all absences.
Leave a voice mail stating clearly the student’s name, date, and reason for absence.
Please remember to bring photo identification when picking up
your child for any appointments
Mr. Reeves INSTAGRAM principal_reeves
Mr. McCabe Athletics/Activities INSTAGRAM AD_RALong
Tag photos w/ #RALPride