[ Social Anxiety ]
Signs or Symptoms
- faster heartbeat or breathing
- freezing up
- feeling unable to move
How does it affect someone?
- feel lonely or sad from missing out on fun activities
- not getting the most out of school [ not participating, presenting projects ]
- missing out on opportunities
- losing connection with friends and sometimes family
How is it diagnosed?
Therapists and specialist use the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorder (DSM) to determine if you have social phobia.
How is it treated?
People with Social Anxiety can see a therapist or try to talk to someone close like a friend or family member.
A parent can pass on social phobia from their genes or behavior around their children.