September 19, 2016
THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK....
Dear Unami Staff,
If you haven't had a chance to see our latest renovation of our Family and Consumer Science rooms, take a stroll and enjoy the view. Ms. Wright has been ultra busy unpacking, organizing and getting all the final touches JUST RIGHT! She especially loves her new technology....just waiting on the cameras for her work stations. She is going high tech....no more BIG mirrors!
Calling All Staff Members...
We are in dire need of U-Rock nomination slips. Please consider nominating a worthy student or "staff member". We will be including staff in our weekly drawings because U Rock every day!
Have a great week!
8th and 9th grade teachers...
Thank you for another spectacular back to school night. The attendance for our second night was at an all time high. Parents know the excellent teaching that happens here and they want to be part of the team! Thank you for all that you do to make our school a place that makes a positive difference in the lives of kids!
BTSN Presentations to Parents
During our presentation to parents at two BTSN evening, the following topics were covered:
- Teacher Websites,
- Parent Portal
- Office 365
- Academic Honesty Policy
- Unami's Grading Practices: Category Weights of Formative/Summative Assessments
- Formative Assessment - How it is used to inform our instruction and promote learning.
- Summative Assessment - A measurement that measures what a student has
learned after being given time and opportunity to learn - with many opportunities for specific feedback (formative assessment)
- Missing Assignments and how they impact the grade
- Self-Advocacy/Time Management - Skills necessary for success in school and beyond
- Behavioral Expectations: Electronic Devices, Attendance, Timeliness, Dress Code
- Magazine Post Card Submission
- Department Meetings - 2:40 (Check with your coordinator for location)
TUESDAY BELL SCHEDULE:
- Unami United - 7:30 to 8:10
- 7th Grade Lesson Link (posters for student signatures will be in your mailboxes)
- 8th Grade Lesson Link
- 9th Grade Lesson Link
- Intruder on Campus Drill (refer to PPT slides from John) - Resource Period
- 1st Magazine Drive Submission Day
- Musical Pre-Audition Meeting - Resource Period
- Newspaper Meeting - Resource Period (Ms. Christein's Room)
If a 9th grade student has a D or below in your class, please update the spreadsheet with their percentage grade. Greg will send out an email reminder each Friday to update the spreadsheet.
Central Bucks is looking to start boys and girls lacrosse up again this spring. There will be a combined teams between middle schools. If you are interested in coaching, please contact Greg Beyerle.
Girls Tennis @ Lenape
Boys Tennis Home v. Lenape
Girls Tennis @ Tohickon
Boys Tennis Home v. Tohickon
7th Grade Football Tri-Scrimmage @ Lenape
Cheerleading Meeting @ 2:40 in Room 215
7th grade soccer @ Tohickon
7th grade field hockey @ Lenape
8th Grade soccer @ tohickon
8th grade field hockey @ Lenape
Girls Tennis Home v. Tamanend
Boys Tennis @ Tamanend
CB Policies and Safe Schools
Be sure that you are fully familiar with the following CB School Board Policies:
Here is a link to all information needed for this year's Safe Schools Training.
Epi-Pen Training is due Friday, September 16. Complete course and print certificate. Submit certificate and demonstrate knowledge of administering EPI-Pen to our school nurses. Here is a link to training: Health Emergencies: Life-Threatening Allergies ( You must be logged in first.)