ECC & PPCD News
February 8, 2016
Penguins and Valentine's Day Fun
We will also incorporate Valentine's Day, hearts, and kindness into lessons the students will LOVE!
Important Info about Valentine's Day:
1. Valentine's Day falls on a Sunday this year, so we will celebrate on the Friday before (Feb 12)
2. Valentine's Day is NOT a school party day, which means the Valentines your child passes out need to be non-food (no candy or other food items)
3. Non-food goodies ARE allowed. Some parents send pencils, crayons, notepads, party favor toys, etc.
4. This year, we will not be making the boxes in the classroom. Instead, we are asking that you work with your child to create a Valentine box. Helpful hint: in the past, students have had many Valentines which were bigger than the traditional slit in the top of a box, so I would recommend a larger box with an opening at least the size of your child's hand. I am including some sample pictures and please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have about this activity.
5. The list of students can be found on our website. I would encourage you to have your children practice writing their name on the Valentines.
Last Week's Adventures
We celebrated our 100th day of school by having fun with 100 things all week. Students especially enjoyed building structures with 100 cups!
Measuring with Kisses
Students had a sweet time measuring classroom items with Hershey Kisses.
Are you taller than a bear? Students have enjoyed measuring themselves and comparing their height to some of the animals we have studied so far this year.
Questions & Answers
This week's question: Since Valentine's Day is not a school party day, when will the next class party be?
Answer: Our next party day will be for Fiesta Week and will be 4/21/16.