May 11, 2020
Financial Wellness Webinar
This webinar-'Identify and Prioritize Your Savings Goals' will help you with strategies and tips on prioritizing and funding your specific savings goals, like buying a new home or car, saving for a child’s college, and more.
Thursday, May 14, 2020
Time- 11:00 a.m - 12 P.M.
To Register please go to:
For more information about our upcoming events please go to: https://www.tamusa.edu/humanresources/wellness-program/events.html
Wellness Incentive Deadline- Update
The A&M System Benefits Administration office has extended the Wellness Incentive Program completion date to August 31, 2020. There are several checklist activities, such as Well onTarget Self-Management Programs, educational HealthQuests, and MDLIVE registration, that can be completed digitally/virtually and we encourage members to participate in those programs to promote their health and wellbeing during this stressful time.
Not all members have the same checklist items and further information can be found on the System Benefits Administration website and also by checking your "My Incentive Status," in MyEvive.
New-Families First Coronavirus Reponse Act (FFCRA)
For more information on the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) click here or use the link https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/posters/FFCRA_Poster_WH1422_Non-Federal.pdf
FAQ’s can be found here or https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-poster-questions
EAP Compsych-COVID-19 Resources
- Coronavirus Webinar: This course offers tips for coping with uncertainty and regaining control.
Working Remotely Webinar: Navigating Your Work From Home Transition Due to the Coronavirus.
How Your EAP Can Help Video: This short video explains how your EAP program can help, particularly during stressful times.
A Relaxation Break Video: An interactive experience in relaxation.
Financial Resiliency Article: With financial markets in turmoil and many people facing income disruptions, it's a good time to make sure that personal finances are on a solid footing.
Resiliency Resources Article: Stress and anxiety are normal reactions to current events. These materials explain how to keep those emotions in check.
To access the digital toolkit please go to: Coronavirus COVID-19 Digital Toolkit
Contact Information for Compsych Guidance: 866.301.9623 Online: guidanceresources.com App: GuidanceNow Web ID: TAMUS
Well onTarget Health Kit May - Mindfulness
This month’s Health Kit will focus on information and tips to help you incorporate mindfulness into your routine.
Poster: Download this month’s poster to learn how to S.T.O.P. stress in its tracks with four steps
Brain Game: Check out this search for words associated with mindfulness.
Recipe: These veggie-packed quiche muffins pack a healthy punch with minimal prep work required-the best of both worlds.
Coaching Moment: Live Mindfully This month, Ashley challenges you to practice being more present each day.
Short Video:The Benefits of Mindfulness Mindfulness has a significant impact on both your physical and mental well-being.
Podcast: The Mind-Body Connection How are our minds and bodies connected to each other? Listen to this podcast for tips to promote a positive mind-body connection.
Jag Fit Workouts! Update
The COVID-19 has changed life around the world in so many ways, staying fit, healthy and working out is now more important than ever. JagFit brings to you at home workouts to help you remain active and fit in these times. These wonderful classes are conducted via Zoom with an arrange from mind-body, choreographed, strength, and endurance!
Update-The classes are free and accessible to all the Students, Faculty and Staff members and have been extended through May 31, 2020.
Class: Sunrise Power Yoga
Time: 8-8:50 a.m.
Meeting ID: 165-531-553
Class: AMPD Resistance
Time: 12-1:00 p.m.
Meeting ID: 653-957-957
Class: Zumba Dance Party!
Time: 8-8:50 p.m.
Meeting ID: 162-025-924
Class: Kettlebell AMPD
Time: 6-6:50 p.m.
Meeting ID: 818-213-616
Class: Zumba Dance Party!
Time: 7-7:50 p.m.
Meeting ID: 568-961-483
Class: Bedtime Restorative Yoga
Time: 8-8:50 p.m.
Meeting ID: 646-156-395
Join the JAGFIT Facebook Group for information about fitness classes, daily and weekly workout challenges, and general wellness discussions.
New - IN THE SPOTLIGHT! Employee Total Rewards
Check back with us weekly while we promote and highlight the rewards available for Texas A&M University-San Antonio employees, listed in the section below.
Discover Your Total Rewards
- New-Express Scripts Extended Payment Program- ERP allows you to spread your prescription payments over three credit or debit card so you don't have to pay all at once. For more information about the plan use the link below-http://assets.system.tamus.edu/files/benefits/pdf/expressscriptsextendedpaymentprogram.pdf
- Diabetes Patient Assurance Plan - A&M System and Express Scripts have partnered to bring down the cost of preferred insulin products for you and your family members living with diabetes. For more information about the plan, Contact: 1-866-544-6970, Online: https://www.tamus.edu/business/diabetes-patient-assurance-plan/
- Ready to Retire- TRS suggests trying to live on your estimated retirement income for a few months while you are still working so you know exactly how much you will need. To watch short video series from TRS featuring financial awarenes please go to: https://www.trs.texas.gov/Pages/403b_active_awareness_videos.aspx
- BCBSTX Wellness Works Newsletter- Winter 2020 Q1 Wellness Works Newsletter is about the rundown on burnout, dietary fiber, taking care of ongoing health problems. To find more information about Wellness Works please go to: https://www.tamusa.edu/humanresources/wellness-program/lifestyle.html
- Superior Vision- Online Benefits- Superior Vision has partnered with Glasses.com and 1-800-Contacts to provide an in-network online shopping solution that includes seamless integration with your vision benefits and automatic claims submission. Both the vendors features mobile app and online ordering, virtual customer service, speedy delivery, and a pay-over-time solution. To find more information about the program please go to: https://www.tamus.edu/business/superior-vision-online-partnerships/
Monthly New Hire Announcements
Please welcome our new staff member(s) joining our university.
- Ms. Kathryn Funk-Baxter, Vice President of Business Affairs/CFO - May 1, 2020
- Ms. Courtney Baxter, Enrollment Management Communication Manager - May 1, 2020
- Ms. Jessica Flores, Research Compliance & Graduate Studies Administrator - May 4, 2020
Contact Us-We are Here for YOU!
Martha Gonzalez Chief Human Resources Officer Martha.Gonzalez@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2059
Patti Morgan Manager, Compensation & Recruitment Patricia.Morgan@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2054
Francy Leal Benefits Manager, & Wellness Champion Francy.Leal@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2051
Deepshikha Vyas Human Resources Generalist-Benefits Deepshikha.Vyas@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2057
Christina Gomez Human Resources Generalist-Employment Christina.Gomez@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2053
Gloria Diaz Administrative Assistant IV Gloria.Diaz@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2058
Janice Parten Campus Title IX Coordinator / Professional Development Administrator Janice.Parten@tamusa.edu