Sauls SS Class
FBC Covington, 5/15/16 - Weekly Newsletter
PRAYER REQUESTS FOR THIS WEEK
- Wilma Ross - still adjusting to a new home and a new town
- Alton Jordan (Karen's Dad) - not feeling well lately
- Hannah Thompson - leaves for Georgia Southern on June 16th; keep Hannah, Mama Sherri, and the Boyz in your prayers for this transition
- Joel, Lewissa, and Sutton Singleton - Sutton is doing very well and is eating from a bottle a little bit now; Joel and Lewissa have an apartment in Athens to be near her at Athens Regional Medical Center
- Mallory & Drew on their upcoming wedding in June; and all the parents too!
- Bubba Mallard - he was out of school all last week; pray for the whole family as they deal with his cancer
- Karen - 4 weeks and 3 days until she gets to wear shoes again (not that anybody is counting, that is!)
- Be praying about attending "The Main Event" (AKA Men's Conference) on July 22-23rd in Nashville TN. More details are given below in this Newsletter.
- Be praying about our class possibly opening up a "no cost" account at Newton Federal to be used as a "Flower Fund" for those occasions when we need to send flowers, a meal, or other expenses our class my incur. Pray about if we'd like to ask for a certain contribution per family per month to go into the fund.
- The Bowling Social has been moved to the fall so be thinking about a date.
- Students & Teachers here in the final days of the 2015-2016 School Year
- Our Country and the Election Process
UPCOMING SERVICE COMMITMENTS FOR OUR CLASS
SUNDAY MAY 29th - WE ARE THE GREETERS & USHERS FOR THE FELLOWSHIP HALL
- Scott will talk to Ralph this week to get the details so we'll know exactly what we are supposed to do and what we are supposed to wear. Scott will pass on the information to us in class next Sunday morning. (I will add that the Tanner Class had this commitment today and none of them had on any special attire so I am not sure this part was ever enforced.)
SATURDAY JULY 23rd - SACK LUNCH SATURDAY
- Our class is responsible for fifty (50) complete Sack Lunches to be at the Kitchen in the Fellowship Hall before 11:00am on that Saturday
- A complete sack lunch includes the following: a drink, a sandwich, chips, fruit or dessert item
- We will need to get commitments for X number of lunches no later than the Sunday before this event
TODAY'S BULLETIN STUFF
The Main Event, LifeWay's Men's Conference
Now is the time to be thinking about attending the upcoming Men's Conference on July 22-23rd in Nashville TN. Guest speakers are pretty awesome including Tim Tebow.
Scott is definitely going and he'd like it to be a family event even though only men can attend the sessions. There's always Outlet Shopping or other ways to spend money for the ladies, or so Scott says. Oh, and there's no pressure on anything!
WINKIN', BLINKIN', and NOD
OPIE THE BIRDMAN
It is lovingly remembered as the episode starring "Winkin, Blinkin', and Nod!"
Here's 2 memorable clips from that episode.
WIRELESS INTERNET AT FBC:
The Network Name for the FBC Campus is:
The Password is Go9031FBC
IF YOU'RE INTO SOCIAL MEDIA, SO ARE WE:
Like Us On Facebook at @FirstBaptistChurchCovington or @FirstBaptistChurchGospelChildren or @FirstBaptistNorth
Follow Us On Twitter at @FBCovington
Join Us On Instragram at @fbccovington
And if you can't attend, watch us "live" on the LIVEFEED of the 10:30am Casual Service available on the FBC website under MEDIA. NOTE: If you've tried to watch and it's not working, make sure you let the Front Office know so that it can be fixed.
FBC COVINGTON PASTORAL STAFF
Dr. Cody H. McNutt, Senior Pastor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles Reynolds, Pastor of Median & Mature Adults and Church Administrator, email@example.com
Ralph Meaker, Pastor of Discipleship, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tim Barnes, Pastor of Worship, email@example.com
Matt Funk, Pastor of Students & Families, firstname.lastname@example.org
Josh Cornett, Pastor of Missions & Families, email@example.com
1139 Usher Street
Covington, GA 30014
Mon-Thur - 8:00am to 5:00pm
Closed Noon to 1:00pm for lunch
Fri - 8:00am to Noon
Note: Office is closed on Tuesdays from 9:00am to 12:00pm for Staff Meeting