May 27, 2021
A Letter from Principal Dwyer
Dear DuJardin School Community,
Next week we have two special events scheduled for the students. The first is the 5th grade picnic for our outgoing 5th graders sponsored by the DuJardin PTO. This event will be organized and run with the help of some parent volunteers. Volunteers have been notified and have been made aware of the following guidelines. Please see/read volunteer guidelines below.
Field Day is scheduled for next Friday, June 4th. Due to the circumstances we are experiencing this year and the IDPH/CDC guidelines on large gatherings, the event will look much different than it has in the past. In order to keep staff and students healthy and safe there will be no volunteers or spectators invited to Field Day. The students will be supervised by a fully vaccinated staff while participating in fun filled activities both inside and outside of the building. Unfortunately, the student/staff volleyball game and the awards assembly has been canceled. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding of this change for this year and we all look forward to a more normal school year in August with the hope that the pandemic is behind us.
ALL volunteers scheduled to attend the 5th grade party will follow the requirements listed below in order to ensure the health and safety of the staff and students, which is first and foremost for this event.
- A list will be provided to the office of ALL volunteers expected to attend the event so that the office is aware of who will be on property and in attendance.
- The school is required by ISBE to complete a Raptor security check on each volunteer, which means the office will need to scan a driver's license/State ID from each person that will be in attendance and interacting with students.
- It is recommended that ALL volunteers stop by the office next Tuesday or Wednesday, at their convenience, (the office is open from 8am-4pm each day) with their driver's license or State ID so that we can complete this security check to verify their background. There will be a delay on Thursday if the office has to verify all volunteers that show up that afternoon to help at the party.
- ALL volunteers will need to complete a health screening the day of the party, which is a requirement of IDPH. When volunteers arrive at school they will need to check in at the office and complete a paper copy of the health questionnaire regarding COVID symptoms. This will take place in the vestibule. Volunteers will also be required to sign in and sign out for this event.
- Once the health screening and the security check have been completed each volunteer will receive a sticker that will need to be worn and visible at all times they are on property. Staff have been instructed to escort any person on property or in the building without proper identification to the office.
- ALL volunteers will be required to wear a mask (even if they are vaccinated) and maintain the 3 foot social distancing guideline, required by IDPH and the CDC, while on property at the party.
- Students and volunteers will need to remain six feet apart when their masks are off while eating lunch or taking a mask break.
- We are limiting the number of volunteers that enter the building due to the fact we do not know who has been vaccinated and who hasn't. Masks must be worn in the building at all times. Movement of persons in the building is limited.
- There is NO parking on Euclid Ave. and NO parking along the fire lane/curb of the school. These parking guidelines will greatly help with the flow of traffic during student dismissal at 2:45pm.
- The party will be from 12:25-2:25pm. There is no rain date for this party so if the weather is inclement on June 3rd lunch will be served to the students in school following current guidelines and activities in the classroom will follow without volunteers.
It is our goal to have an enjoyable event for our outgoing fifth grade class while following all of the requirements laid out by the IDPH, CDC and ISBE under our current circumstances.
Certify your child(ren) Before they arrive to school
Give A Graduation Shout-Out!
*Beginner Band sign-ups postponed*
Due to restrictions involving the current pandemic, band instrument demonstrations and sign ups have been postponed until the Fall of 2021. Mrs. Metzger will notify parents of next year’s 5th grade students when those events are scheduled.
Cub Scout Pack 194 Needs Your Help!
Neighborhood Family Food Pantry
Roselle Food Pantry
The Roselle Community Food Pantry has expanded. We are now serving residents of Roselle, Medinah, and Bloomingdale. These have been challenging times for all of us. If you know someone who has been struggling to make ends meet, who could use help with groceries: WE CAN HELP!
We provide non‐perishable food, fresh produce, dairy, meat and basic
household items. All clients welcomed with proof of current residency.
No income requirements.
For information on how to get help: 630‐529‐1309 x‐5
Message from the Coordinator of Health Services
Certificate of Child Health Examination
COVID-19 Testing Available
Testing Locations and Hours English and Espanol
Parents, Please scan, fax or drop off hard copies of medical documents to the school. We are unable to accept photographs of medical documents. Thank you
Mrs. Treanor's Corner
It's Okay to ask for help
Hi DuJardin parents,
With the continued stress that COVID has brought upon us, please remember that if you are struggling emotionally, you are not alone. Attached are some mental health resources for you and you family. Please reach out to me if you need any assistance. email@example.com
Mental Health Resources for Yourself and Your Friends
Parent / Guardian Referral
Please click here for more information.
New Student Enrollment Now Open!
Children who will be five years old on or before September 1, 2021, are eligible for kindergarten during the 2021-2022 school year.
Student Lunch Deliveries/Drop off
This includes lunches from home. Please send your student to school with his/her lunch.
It is not safe to walk between cars and in front of oncoming traffic
When you are in the drop off/ pick up lane, please remain in your car for a safer and quicker drop off/pick up.
KONA ICE SNOW CONE FUNDRAISER
PTO DUES: Don’t forget to pay your PTO Dues! The PTO will be supporting many virtual activities including back to school contests & other virtual events for all students. Please pay through PushCoin or send a check made payable to DuJardin PTO. Dues are $15 per family.
Please check the Jaguar Journal and Twitter for DuJardin PTO information throughout the year.
Westfield Summer Basketball/Summer Camps
The dates and times have been set for both basketball and soccer summer camps. The camps are for any incoming 1st thru 6th graders (the grade your child will be in the Fall). If you are interested in having your child attend one or both of these camps, then please click on the registration link here. Please fill out all the necessary information and send that in with your check to either your child’s main office at their school or Westfield’s main office. Contact Kelly Hilden for any information regarding the camps.
630-529-6211 ext. 5372
Superhero Fun Run
THE NINTH ANNUAL SUPERHERO KIDS RUN IS BACK! COME DRESSED TO THIS EVENT AS YOUR FAVORITE SUPERHERO. Click HERE for more information.
Bloomingdale Park District Summer Day Camp
Escape to the BPD and make this
a summer to remember! Check it out.
Free Community Day Camp
Bloomingdale Lightning Flyer Club Soccer Tryouts
Box Tops for Education
This is very easy to do. Buy a product, scan your receipt, earn cash for your school.
Click here for a flyer
School Safety Brochure
800-418-6423 ext. 359
TEXT: 66746 then type TIPS
Want a fun way to say “Happy Birthday” to your child or a staff member?
How about having your birthday wishes on the DuJardin school digital sign!
How: Print out this form, complete the correct information below and return it to DuJardin by the 20th of the month before their birthday month. (For example, a November birthday should return the form by October 20th)
Cost: a suggested $5 minimum donation to the DuJardin PTO
Why: Your child or staff member will be surprised and excited to see her/his birthday announced for one week in lights during their birthday month!