VOLUME 4-BACK TO SCHOOL ISSUE
WELCOME BACK TO A NEW SCHOOL YEAR!
MEDIA CENTER ADVISORY COMMITTEE
APP OF THE MONTH- PLICKERS
FUN SITES FOR YOUR STUDENTS
Embark on a journey that takes you all over the world.
From the most desolate roads in Australia to the busy, bustling streets of New York City. A fun game!
OVERDRIVE-CENTER GROVE DIGITAL LIBRARY
Download the OverDrive app from the Apple App Store or the App. Portal
Open the OverDrive app and follow the prompts to create an OverDrive account (optional) and log in. Next, you'll be asked to create or sign in with an Adobe ID, which is required to download protected eBooks.
Note: Only newer versions of the OverDrive app will prompt you to sign in or sign up for an OverDrive account. If you don't see these prompts, or if you choose not to create an account, skip to step 3.
In the OverDrive app, find your library's OverDrive-powered website. In newer versions of the app, you can do this by swiping from left to right to open the Home menu, then tapping Add a library. In older versions of the app, tap the Get Books+ button, then Add a library.
- Tap the star to save your library's website to your library list.
- Tap your library's name to start browsing.
Log into your library's OverDrive-powered website with your student ID(NOT YOUR SKYWARD LOGIN) for students,(Staff is their Staff ID)- and borrow a title.
Find borrowed titles under your account on your library website. You can:
- Download EPUB eBooks* and MP3 audiobooks directly to the OverDrive app.
- Tap Read to open and read OverDrive Read eBooks right in your browser.
- If you've installed the Kindle reading app from the Apple App Store, you can select Kindle Book (U.S. only) to complete checkout on Amazon's website and send the book to your Kindle reading app.
*Note: To read eBooks in the OverDrive app, you'll need to authorize your device with an Adobe ID. It's a one-time, free process that takes just moments to complete.
MEDIA CENTER PASS GUIDE
· Students will get passes from classroom teachers. Only classroom teachers and the Media Center staff can write passes for study hall. Students will be scanned in with their ID, using a program in Skyward.
· There should be only one name on each pass.
· If a student needs to go to a classroom before they come to the Media Center have the student return to your study hall and put a time on the pass when the student left your room. We will check on a student who comes into the Media Center more than 15 minutes after the period has started.
· Study hall teachers will be given three laminated passes that will allow a student to exchange a book or print or has issues with their ipad-maximum time in the library will be 15 minutes. Students will sign in on a sheet located on the front desk. If you are study hall teacher and don’t have these passes email Mrs. Shook.
· Lunch periods will be open for all students. Students will sign in the library and stay until the lunch period is over. STUDENTS MUST HAVE AN ACADEMIC REASON FOR COMING TO THE MEDIA CENTER DURING LUNCH. We will allow packed lunches, sandwiches and drinks. WE WILL NOT ALLOW TRAYS OR FULL MEALS.
· The Library is open for Star for students that need Ipad help check out or returning books or to print. Students should not be issued any passes to just sit in the library during Star.
· At the end of the day a list of students who presented passes will be sent to all staff members. Please take the time to check the list for students who left your study hall for the Media Center or who you wrote a pass for. If the student is not on the list please contact Mrs. Shook by email or at ext. 4405. Students who used a 15 minute pass will not be on this list.
· Just because a student asked you to write a pass doesn’t mean that you have to! If a student doesn’t have anything to do-don’t write a pass! If they are failing your class-don’t write a pass! If they don’t like their study hall-don’t write a pass. If you are writing a pass for the last period of the day and you are afraid that the student will just leave school-don’t write a pass!
· The Media Center is open from 7:15-2:55.