4th Grade Math Planning
September 20, 2016
EDC and DMR
- Highlighter practice
- Grid practice
- Sentence Stems: Today we have _____wholes and ____ hundredths.
- Quality Questions: If I color ____square, what fraction of the grid will I be coloring in today?
- Look at October's Plan; Sentence Stems and Quality Questions
- New Plans, old resources
Blended Learning Implementation
- TTM-in October
- Think Central-accounts working? aliefTxxxxxx aliefTxxxxxx!
- Small Groups, IP, ICreate- Discuss Below
- Rotations-how many? what do they look like?
- Small Group Templates and Binder set up
- Quick Draw Game
Unit 1 Assessment-September 13th
- Accommodations-teachers should take pictures of anchor charts to create a resource packet for their students who are pulled out of the room for testing.
- Plan to go over the most missed questions and clear misconceptions the next day to provide immediate feedback.
- Grid Paper/copies
- What do they do when they are finished? No reading books!
- DMAC/Grading- look at reports-training needed? Share tree map and compare district percentages.
- Scoring should be listed as a positive and not a negative. Score how many they got correct, not how many they got wrong. Can be in a fraction. Not in red please.
- No more testing on CPC days, students get 60 min, so students with extended time will receive 90 minutes.
Unit 2: Estimation and Number Theory- Test is September 30th- Preview Test
- TEK Walk-
- No Readiness Standards
- Round to hundred thousand place
- X 10 and 100
- 2 two-digit numbers X using arrays, area models, equations, perfect squares
- four-digit by 1-digit with strategies and standard algorithm
- round to nearest 10, 100, 1000 or use compatible numbers to estimate
- Materials: Number lines, number lines, number lines!
- Tips: Teach the algorithm last. Can use Fast Focus questions when ready to add more problem solving.
Quality Questioning and Sentence Stems:
2. Why is the word "about", an indication to estimate?
3. How are factors and multiples similar? Different?
4. How is the array model and area model similar? Different?
My answer ______ is reasonable because ......
___ is a common factor of ____ and ____ because ....
Small Group Binders- Begin September 19th
- Share forms and discuss binder set up.
- How many groups per day?
- Lowest group, everyday.
Coming Soon! Math IStation
- new universal screener
- only covers number and operations
- will begin sometime in October, probably the beginning
- middle of year testing will be for all students that you have concerns for
- training webinars will be coming soon
- Is K-4 and can be used for progress monitoring
- BOY test should only take about 20 minutes
- Testing may be done in the classroom
Unit 3:Multiplication and Division- Read clarifications.
- We introduce variables, in equations and strip diagrams and bar models.
- Analyze given information to check for understanding and if answer is reasonable.
- Interpreting remainders- The remainder matters!
- Include one and two step problems
- Process or a relationship column in the middle
- Reverse of the process
Salute and Quick Draw Games!