Update from the Middle
January 22, 2021
Distance Learning Portal
YEARBOOK PRE-Order deadline is coming soon!
- In order to be guaranteed a yearbook you must order and pay in advance.
- The deadline to pre-purchase has been extended to February 5th
- Cost is $21.00 (Call the office to pay over the phone or mail in your payment.)
This will be a yearbook like no other and will document how it went down…
- How else will you remember what your teachers and friends looked like …when you only see them on zoom.
- Photos of students and staff were taken at home (and might include their dog)
- Historical remembrances of the 2020-21 school year
- Distance Learning during Covid
- Almeda Fire
- And celebrations, events and clubs that were held virtually
- Theatre Club Productions
- Band Concerts
- Scavenger Hunt
- Battle of the Books
- Student Unions
- Amazing Art by students
…and so much more
Don’t delay, order today! Call 541-482-1611
Next i-Ready Diagnostic Day
Our next Winter i-Ready Diagnostic Day is Wednesday, February 3rd in Homeroom. Attendance on this day is as important as ever! We’d really like to get all students through the diagnostics!
- Students should be logged into their Homeroom Zoom class at 8:40 a.m. on these diagnostic days.
- Students will not go to on-team INC class on these days, to allow students who need more time to complete the diagnostic.
- Do not help your student. This skews the data, and makes it more difficult to provide an appropriate support and a personalized instructional program.
To review, please watch this family i-Ready Preparation Video and review the parent handouts for more i-Ready information. While we are not asking parents to return any of these forms, we wanted to share the recommendations that i-Ready shared with us.
Teen Counseling Groups
Join the AMS Counseling Department for structured social-focused counseling groups. These counseling groups are an opportunity for students to meet other students, engage in discussion facilitated by our counseling staff, and build important social connections during virtual times. These counseling groups will explore topics related to coping with stress, managing a new “normal” during COVID times, finding balance in school, life, relationships, and more!
Two group counseling time slots are available:
After School Group
Thursdays 2:50-3:35 (45 minute zoom meeting)
Lunch Time Group
Tuesdays @ Lunch (30 minute zoom meeting)
- 7/8th Grade lunch group will meet Tuesdays, 10:50-11:20
- 6th Grade lunch group will meet Tuesdays, 11:30-12:10
Contact Info: Allison.Hass@ashland.k12.or.us
Ashland Public Library
Take & Make: Cat & Dog Toys
Pick up a Take & Make Kit with all the supplies needed to create one cat toy and one dog toy to give to a pet you love this Valentine's Day! If you do not have a cat or dog, you can gift the toys to someone who does have one, or donate them to a local shelter. Kits are available while supplies last.
Pick up Date: 2/14/2021
Time: 12:00PM - 04:00PM
Location: Ashland Public Library
Calling All Student Filmmakers K-12
Deadline extended until today, January 22nd.
Launch Your Story and Watch Your Film Take Flight
We are looking for storytellers for the Launch Student Film Competition with short films that are innovative, inventive, creative, original, inspiring, relevant, compelling, entertaining, thought-provoking, funny, and unique.
The school district does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in matters affecting employment or in providing access to programs and services and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following person has been designated at our school to handle inquiries and complaints regarding nondiscrimination policies and to coordinate compliance efforts:
Name: Steve Retzlaff Title: Principal
Address: 100 Walker Ave
Telephone: 541-482-1611 ext. 3109
Inquiries or complaints may also be directed to the Student Services Office at 885 Siskiyou Blvd, Ashland Oregon (phone: 541-482-2811)
Complaints may also be directed to: Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 400 Maryland Avenue S.W., Washington D.C. 20202, or by calling (800) 421-3481 or (877) 521-2172 (TTY).