"Laying the Foundation One Brick at a Time!"
September 4, 2015
Volume 2 Issue #2
Labor Day Holiday
Cookie Dough Fundraiser Starts
TRS 1 Due
PDAS Window Opens
Kindergarten Green Day
End of the 1st 3 Weeks
Wear your Blue & Gold!
H-F vs. E.C.(H)
***FIRE DRILL WEEK***
Kindergarten Orange Day
GLC Meeting @ 4pm
Kindergarten Purple Day
Progress Reports go Home
Wear your Blue & Gold!
H-F vs. Buna (A)
- We would like to welcome Mrs. Kristi Martinson to the HFE team as our new office secretary! We are excited to have her join our team, Please help us make her feel welcome by stopping by and introducing yourself when you get a chance.
- On Tuesday, USA Fundraiser will be here to kick off our 2015-2016 Cookie Dough Sale. There will be a quick presentation in the cafeteria Tuesday morning for the students. Please bring your students to the cafeteria at the following times: 8:00 am- Pre-K, 1st, and 3rd 8:35 am - Kindergarten, Structured Learning, and 2nd grade
- Please let us know if you cannot access the HFE RtI folder that was shared through Google Drive. Please check it out when you get a chance, there are tons of great resources in there!
- On Thursday, the 10th, Provine will be here to take fall/yearbook pictures. Mrs. Guidry will place a memo with detailed information about pictures in your box on Tuesday, the 8th. Pictures will take place in the cafeteria and 3rd grade will go first. All other classes will be called when it is their time to take pictures. Classes need to enter the cafeteria through the right hand doors and check with Mrs. Guidry. First grade will need to sit on the slab, instead of the cafeteria, on Thursday morning, due to Provine setting up.
- Now that we have multiple classes going to library and music at the same time, we have extra traffic in the slab area. To help with traffic flow, we need for all teachers to collect their students from the enrichment class (PE, Music, or Library) that they are in each day. We appreciate your help with this.
- On September 14th, Mrs. Bell will deliver poster board to your classroom for the annual TRF poster contest. Each grade level will turn in one poster from each class to be a candidate in the finalist selection process. Three posters from each grade level will be chosen and sent to the TRF office for competition. All posters will be due on Thursday, September 24th.
- If you have bus duty, morning or afternoon, please spread out along the sidewalk to help control the safety of our students. Thank you for your help with this!
The bubble wrap door is an absolute hit! What a great way to relieve some stress!! ;) The crab hand print art looks fabulous hanging in the hall and it truly livens up the place!
What a great start! The kiddos are getting used to their routines and picture schedules, and seem to be adjusting very well! Way to go!
The "All About Me" posters are a wonderful addition to your hall! The kids did a great job illustrating them and telling us what makes them unique!
Love, love, love, ya'll's Lego doors and the way you have organized the afternoon dismissal for the kids! The daycare, pick-up and bus rider signs are a great way to help them know where they should be and your doors, make us smile every time we walk by!
The students' 2nd grade goals are great! It is always so much fun to read what they want to accomplish during the year! Ya'll's Lego wall and quotes add a fabulous touch to your hallway!
We're seeing some great technology integration going on! Way to go! We can't wait to get over and play, oops, sorry, learn with your kiddos soon!
We saw an awful lot of smiling and dancing going on out there this week! Thanks for always making the best of a not so ideal situation and providing fun and engaging activities for our students!
Thanks for jumping in there and making a difference at HFE! We are very glad to have you on our team!
Next Wednesday, Smore.com will be offering a huge discount to educators for a new subscription. Check it out if you're interested in using this tool in your classroom or with your students!
Mr. Williams is doing well and has been moved out of ICU. He is walking without the use of oxygen and on his way toward recovery. The first three months will be critical for him as he begins this new journey, but he and his family are ready to take on the challenge while maintaining a positive outlook. Thank you for all of your prayers; the Williams family truly appreciate everything! Please continue to keep them in your thoughts.
As most of you know, Mrs. Scogin broke her arm on the radial bone just above her wrist last week. I am happy to report that she is doing better; however, she will not return to school until Monday, September 14th. Please keep her in your thoughts as she recovers at home.
Just for Laughs
8/5 - Lindsey Hone
8/9 - Marlene Batiste & Alisha Martin
8/15 - Nan Sutton
8/16 - Jenny Peltier & Darby Meguess
8/22 - Vicky Scogin
8/26- Kimmi WIlliamson
9/1 - Louise Legere
9/11 - Lely Lopez & Sarai Pompa
9/30 - Adam Craft