Gadsden High School Weekly News
September 25th through October 9th
Gadsden High School Office Hours
National Suicide Awareness Month
Connect To Protect
Connect with self. It is important to focus on your health and wellness.
• Participate in spiritual or community activities and groups, or volunteer for causes or organizations that you care about.
• Spend time with friends and family members.
• Seek support from peers, family, or health professionals.
• Reach out to others. Check-in with friends and family. Let them know you care. Plan activities that you can enjoy together.
Connect with others.
• Listen when they want to talk. Accept what he, she, or they have experienced without judgment.
• Resist the temptation to problem-solve.
• Reassure them and express care and concern.
• Encourage them to get help and stay in touch with friends and family.
Learn how to help.
• Speak Up: If you are concerned about someone, ask if they are thinking about suicide, have a plan, and have the means, such as a firearm, medication, or other methods of self-harm.
• Listen and Offer Support: Be calm and express concern. Take what they say seriously and ask how you can help.
• Act Quickly: If you are concerned someone is at imminent risk for suicide, do not leave them alone and seek help immediately.
• Remove any weapons, drugs, or other means of self-injury from the area if possible.
• If you are on the phone with an individual who you believe is in immediate danger, try to keep him or her on the line while you or someone else calls 911.
Panther Sport Corner
This year students will have the opportunity to purchase a year round pass to attend athletic school events. https://www.myschoolbucks.com/ver2/prdembd?ref=ZZOQ8EZV22ZV89L_ZZ5VMDHQBA50W0C
Panther Community and Visitors
Our GHS sports teams start their respective seasons this week, we would like to tell you that our GISD Athletic Department is going to utilize Go Fan to purchase tickets for games.
Check out the link below for more details: https://gofan.co/app/school/NM8107
Panthers' Schedule 📅
September 25th - October 9th
Monday September 25th
- Twin Day
Tuesday September 26th
- Coffee with the Principals- virtual @5:00 pm
- Boys soccer vs Organ Mountain
- Generation Day
- Girls soccer vs Organ Mountain @ GHS 4:00 pm 6:00 pm
Wednesday September 27th
- Early Out Wednesday
- Pajama Day
Thursday September 28th
- C-team football @ Mayfield
- Boys soccer vs Las Cruces @ GHS 5:00 pm 7:00 pm
- Girls soccer vs Las Cruces @ FOD
- Frat Boys vs Sorority Girls
- Theater Play: Crafting a Killer @ GHS 7:00 pm
- BONFIRE @GHS 8:00 pm
Friday September 29th
- Homecoming Pep Rally
- Football vs Valencia @ GHS 7:00 pm
- Panther Pride
Saturday September 30th
- Volleyball vs STHS @ GHS 10:00 am 11:00 am 12:00 pm
- Cross Country Organ Mtn Invite @ FOD
- Homecoming Dance @ GHS 8:00 pm
🍂Fall Break October 2nd to October 7th 🍂
Tuesday October 3rd
- Girls soccer vs Centennial @ GHS 4:00 pm 6:00 pm
- Boys soccer vs Centennial @ FOD 5:00 pm 7:00 pm
Wednesday October 4th
- C-team football vs Hatch @GHS 4:30 pm
Thursday October 6th
- Boys soccer vs Mayfield @ GHS 5:00 pm 7:00 pm
- Volleyball vs Deming @ Deming
- Girls soccer vs Mayfield @ FOD
Saturday October 7th
- Volleyball game vs Roswell @ Roswell
- Cross Country Fabens invite @ Fabens