If you missed GE Parent Mtg #6!!
Tuesday, April 12, Oak View Elementary, Room 17, 6:30-7:30
Presenters: Kris Happe (WVR & OAK) & Erin Haynes (Rice Lake)
These other conditions can include behavioral problems, learning disabilities, or any other unusual conditions. These children, who are already atypical among the general population, now are also atypical among their gifted peers. As a result of this extra layer of 'uniqueness' comes the chance of facing imposter's syndrome among many other complicating variables.
- Who are the twice exceptional?
- Problems with Misdiagnosis
- What do you know about or are your experiences with 2E?
- Areas of Learning Disability & Interventions
- Additional Conditions
- Asperger's Disorder
- Learning Disabilities, ADHD, ASD.... what do you connect with?
- Practical Solutions
- What has worked for you?
- Wrap up
Why Parent Forums?
The purpose of parent forum is to provide parent support for students participating in gifted education needs based classes. The meetings are educational in nature, meant to support parents in parenting their gifted children. Support also comes in the form of meeting other parents who have so much in common.
If you have a primary school (k-2) student..... Students at these grade levels are not formally identified and do not typically receive monthly information--- unless requested by the parent. Please inform the GE specialist at your school, if you would like to be added to a distribution to receive meeting reminders.
- Sessions are facilitated by several of our #279 Gifted Education Teachers.
- All meetings are held at Oak View Elementary and are held from 6:30-7:30 pm.
- Parents can positively RSVP and reserve childcare using the link BELOW.
May 10th, 2016
Effectively Advocating for Your Gifted Child Gifted Child