Mrs. Burrell's First Grade
February 2, 2016
- We will read expository (non-fiction) selections this week.
- We will visualize the story.
- We will retell in our own words and give details about what we read.
High Frequency Words (Sight Words):
- behavior means the way someone acts
- group means a number of things that go together
- plead means to beg someone to do something
- soar means to fly very high in the air
- vivid means very bright or colorful
- beautiful means something is very pleasing to look at
- danger means something is unsafe
- sleepy (challenge word)
- chilly (challenge word)
We are currently working on chapter 7 in the math program. During this chapter we will be learning how to organize and read graphs.
I am so glad to be back! I have missed all of the students but I know they were in good hands. Soon you will be able to sign up for SEPs. Please make sure you use "Online Scheduler" to sign up.
We will have a student teacher in our classroom starting Monday, February 8. Her name is Miss Mann. She will be sitting in for some of the SEPs.
- Valentine Party will be Friday, February 12 at 1:30. Please send your student with a box or bag to collect their valentines.
- No School on Monday, February 15.
- SEPs are the week of February 22. Monday and Tuesday are early out days.