Team News 1.26
Daring Greatly in Faith, Academics, & Service for SMCS
Week 4 of 2020. Celebrating who we are: CATHOLIC schools!
Today we kick off the national week of celebrating Catholic schools---Schools that radically do what the apostles did in today's Gospel--drop everything and follow Christ. What does that look like in your class? I have a few pictures and quotes on here that lead in that direction!
Huge thank you to all of you that joined us for Mass today!! THANK YOU!!!
Please, send me your club and top 2 days before Wednesday.
Reminders and Updates
- Approve your timesheet by 12PM on Monday.
- See email from Allison with need to knows for this week for CSW.
- Please take time to review the Roar and this newsletter and put dates in your planner.
- Make up testing will continue this week---we are very close to being done!
- Lots of interruptions this week see below. Teach on--with patience!!
- Clubs will start next week. Too much going on this week. Send me your club and top 2 days to host it by Wednesday. Include CAAC if you are doing it.
- Swap of lunch schedule---spaghetti on Wed, chick and waffles on Thursday
Remember to have at least Chapter One of our Book Study read by Feb. 4 for Team Meeting!
Arch Professional Development: ASC CLOSED. ALL are to attend.
Friday, Feb. 7th, 12:45pm
See Below for Your Sign Up!
Kinder, PK3 and PK4 – training will be at St. Pius X, 1:30-4:00
1st to 8th Grade (with Mrs. Cortez)--NWEA usage
Training will be at St. Luke, 1:30-4:00
Specialists – Counselors, Music, Art, PE, Religion, Library, Technology, Spanish – training will be at St. Peter, Prince of the Apostles, 1:30-4:00
Specialists will meet together with their content areas and work through the standards. Participants will be notified the week of training with a reminder and specific instructions.
This Week's Scheduled Interruptions/Off Campus/Subbing
With all CSW events, feel free to move around your schedule to make up instructional minutes.
If your planning time is affected by Assemblies---the elective teacher at that time will take your class to the assembly.
Monday: Ms. Tamez out 8AM to 12PM
- Mrs. Boehme to sub HR
- Ms. Cortez to Sub 7th ELA at 8:15AM
- Ms. Salazar to sub 6th ELA at 9:05AM
- Ms. Ortiz to sub 5th ELA at 10:45AM (please swap admin with planning)
- Ms. Salazar to sub 5th ELA until Tamez return.
Tuesday: Ms. VanZandt out all day--Ms. Julie to Sub
School Pep Rally in Gym at 1:50PM--JPII to visit with Drumline--in Gym.
Ms. Salazar appt out from 8:15AM to 10:30AM.
Wednesday: Mrs. Norton out all day--MS to create a schedule, No sub available.
Converse Mayor and Business leaders on campus for lunch time.
Thursday: Career Day Speakers at 2PM---PreK -2nd Grade in Gym, 3rd to 8th in Cafeteria.
Breakfast for our Team in Lounge from PTC.
Rush Fun Night after school 4PM to 9PM. Join us if you can. Our students will be SO EXCITED to see you. All you have to do is make an appearance, say hi to a bunch of people in 10 minutes and go.
If it's not on here, I overlooked your request or did not receive one. Please review carefully and let me know ASAP.
****Please remember to secure your OWN sub for any duties---lunch, morning, etc---that will be unstaffed due to your absence.*******
JANUARY and FEBRUARY Mass Information
Jan 31 4th grade
Feb 7 3rd grade
Feb 14 Middle School
Feb 21 2nd grade
Feb. 23 ALL SCHOOL MASS SPONSORED BY 1st Grade and 2nd Grade
Feb 26 1st grade *Ash Wednesday, No Mass on Friday---Will schedule Reconciliation.
Friday School Mass Positions to Secure BY TUESDAY OF THE MASS WEEK.
1) First Reader
2) Psalm Reader
3) Gift Bearers (3)
All School Sunday Mass Positions to Secure BY TUESDAY of the Mass Week. Email and confirm with Admin and Parents, Please!
1) First Reader
2) Second Reader
3) Gift Bearers (4)
4) Servers (2)--Secure with Mrs. Ortiz
Please always confirm readers and begin practicing with them by Tuesday. Please email your assignments to Ms. Cortez and Ms. Salazar by Wednesday.
Cheat Sheets for Parents and Students for Sunday Mass--Coming SOON!
2020 Duty Schedule
Progress Report Quarter 3: Grades complete by Sunday, Feb 9th.
Report Card Quarter 3: Grades and Skill Sets due by March 17 at 7PM.
Progress Report Quarter 4: Grades complete by Sunday, April 19.
8th Grade Report Card: Grades complete by May 22.
Kinder to 7th Grade: Take grades and complete until May 29.
SHOUT OUTS, Special KUDOS this Past Week
- Ms. Mechtel--one of her students has an inhaler to be given on Tuesday and Thursdays at 2:15 before PE every week. Sometimes the office gets side-tracked. However, Ms Allyson always remembers to send him down!
- Our CSW team: Ms. Mechtel, Ms. Norton, Ms. Tamez and Mrs. Bazany for putting together this week for us!!
- Mr Victor. Keeps an eye on the copy paper for us and moves boxes to office and copy room, helping us all stay complete!
- Ms. Molly for submitting gratitude Kudos this week!!
- Mrs. Cortez for cracking the whip with a smile on testing.
- Mrs. Ortiz and Mrs. Tamez plus Cafeteria and Kinder and 1st for all of your help with PSAT.
- Mrs. Moncrief for all those parent meetings and one on ones that keep our students healthy.
- SO MUCH MORE GRATITUDE---all the little things you do each minute that never go noticed publicly and keep us glued together and firmly rooted in CHRIST.
I NEED YOUR HELP! I don't see everything on campus. At least every other week, could you text me or email me or tell me in the hall, something awesome one our team members did? I'd like to make it public.