School Nutrition Program Update
Many of these topics are discussed in R6 ESC Directors Round Table Meetings
Financial Report Webinar
Attend the webinar TOMORROW, 12/11/2020 for more information!
Title: CE Financial Report Training Zoom Location Zoom
Start Time: 12/11/2020 9:00 AM
End Time: 12/11/2020 10:30 AM
Register here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_CLjqjt8NSFKVRcoB51a_5Q
If you are unable to attend, the webinar will be recorded. You can find it here:
Food Distribution Webinar
TDA staff will provide information and demonstrations for how to complete the 2022 contract packet and surveys and including system functionality and best practices to consider in planning CE requests. The list of materials available on the surveys and ordering deadlines will be provided. Program updates and reminders will be provided regarding warehousing services and entitlement.
Please follow the instructions below to access the Zoom Webinar.
When: December 17, 2020 02:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Topic: 2022 Ordering Kickoff Webinar
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Please click the link below to register for the webinar: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_5bX5UiYlQCC1AHEzleS5Rw
Webinar will be recorded and will be available 24-48 hours afterward.
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Food and Nutrition Service recently updated its Civil Rights webpage resulting in changes to the internal hyperlinks within the Nondiscrimination Statement (NDS) as well as the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form.
As a result, CEs must update the electronic versions of the NDS with the English and/or Spanish versions no later than January 31, 2021.
Square Meals Webpage for Resources and Guidance:
Meal Pattern Status for SY 20-21
A federal court ruling earlier this year has reversed several NSLP/SBP meal pattern flexibilities. As a result, the following meal pattern changes are effective immediately:
- All grain contribution components must be 100% Whole Grain Rich.
- Sodium reduction goals will revert to (original) Sodium Target 2.
- All flavored milk must be fat-free/skim.
Texas CEs have one school year to come into compliance. No action is necessary at this time unless the CE prefers to immediately comply with the current meal pattern including the changes listed above. CEs immediately implementing the meal pattern with the above changes must notify TDA.
See the link provided for information and the form to notify TDA if implementing this SY 20-21.
Verification Report in TX-UNPS:
- December 1, 2020 Verification Collection Report (FNS-742) opens in TX- UNPS
- February 1, 2021 Verification Collection Report (FNS-742) due
Preliminary Report Data
- The count of students reported on the Preliminary Verification Report MUST equal the count of students reported on the SFA Verification Collection Report in TX-UNPS. SFA Verification Report opens December 1, 2020.
- All CEs will need to count the number of students enrolled as of October 30th. This includes the number of students with approved applications and the number of students directly certified BY EACH CATEGORY.(Free, Reduced, Direct Certification)
- The count of students with applications does not apply to RCCIs or sites that participate in CEP or P2. CEs that participate in CEP and P2 are required to report the count of students directly certified.
- The Preliminary Verification Report will open November 1st and is due Monday, November 16th. This is a Jot Form in TX-UNPS Download Forms (SNP-123). A link to the form will be emailed to each Child Nutrition Director.
This guidance is not considered all-inclusive.
- Please see squaremeals.org for further guidance.
- Note: If TDA makes changes to the website direct links in this announcement may become void.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. This program is funded by the USDA.