Water Usage, Dirstibution, and Conservation
This was made by: Sophie, Selena, David, and Anthony
Water Conservation Tips
Instead of taking baths take 5 minute showers.
Don't let the water run, when washing dishes by hand
while washing your hair, turn off the water
- Usable water comes from freshwater sources and salt water sources but the saltwater has to be treated with reverse osmosis.
- Freshwater comes from melting ice and salt water comes from water eroding land and the water absorbs the salt.
- Each person uses about 80-100 gallons of water per day.
- Most people use 2-2.5 gallons of water per minute when taking a shower.
- About 410,000 million gallons per day of water was withdrawn for use in California.