SSS Weekly Update
October 10 - 14
What to look for:
- Register to VOTE
- Study Abroad Fair
- Off-Campus Living
- NEW Scholarships
- October Volunteer Events
Register to Vote on-campus!
Below are dates and times when you can register to vote on campus.
After October 18th, you will need to register either at the City Clerk's office (215 Church Avenue) or when you vote.
Wednesday, October 12, from 11 am - 3 pm on the Reeve concourse
Thursday, October 13, from 10 am - 3 pm on the Reeve concourse
Thursday, October 13, from 3 - 6 pm in Blackhawk Commons (Taylor side entrance)
Friday, October 14, from 10 am - 3 pm on the Reeve concourse
Monday, October 17, from 10 am - 3 pm on the Reeve concourse
Tuesday, October 18, from 10 am - 3 pm on the Reeve concourse
Study Abroad Fair
Alumni Welcome & Conference Center (AWCC)
Come on out to our study abroad fair, being held in the Alumni Welcome and Conference Center (AWCC), to hear about all of the amazing short-term and long-term study abroad options, as well as student exchange programs, offered through our university, other UW system schools,and third-party organizations!
Representatives from each program will be there to answer any questions you may have, provide information about the specific program, and show pictures/share stories from previous trips abroad. If you are even slightly considering spending time abroad, come check out our fair!
Learn about Living Off-Campus
Thursday October 13th @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Center for Equity & Diversity, Conference Room
Have questions about living off campus? Come to a workshop hosted by the creators of the new SSS Peer Mentor program! We'll give you the resources you need to be smart about renting off campus. There will also be time for a Q and A.
For any questions please contact:
Brooke McCanna @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Keyra Price @ email@example.com
Walter & Linda Busalacchi Endowed Scholarship
- Be full-time students currently enrolled at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
- Be first-generation college students
- Be students of junior level status or above with a strong desire to complete their education
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5
- Demonstrate financial need
- Preference will be given to a student who meets the award criteria and is majoring in Human Resource Management in the College of Business*
*Preferred not required
Applications are due on Oct. 15th on Academic Works.
If you have questions, please contact Amy @ firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sister Irene Kohne Scholarship
- completed a minimum of 30 credits.
- A resident of Fond du Lac County
- Demonstrate involvement in community service projects, charitable organizations and/or extracurricular activities.
Students may apply at Academic Works for the Sister Irene Kohne Scholarship Award.
Applications are due Oct. 15th.