Week #8 October 2-6, 2017
What's Happening Week #8
- 3rd Grade to Windwolves
- Susan to AT meeting 12:30
- Staff Meeting 2:45, Library
- CBEDS Day - Encourage student attendance
- Choir 4/5 after school 2:20-3:15pm, Room 13
- "Teach Like a Pirate" Book Study (pages 33-71 ) Library 3pm (Still available to join)
- EdTech Training 2:30
- 1:15 Grades 1-3 PBIS Fall Dance (10 tickets)
- 1:45 Grades 4-5 PBIS Fall Dance (10 tickets)
- Staff Shirt Day & Weekly Attendance Winners!!
PBIS RockSTAR Focus
Due to our PBIS data, we are seeing defiance in the classroom, particularly after lunches. Our focus this week is:
RESPECT on the Playground
Mark Your Calendars!
- 10/10 Leadership Meeting 2:30, District Board Meeting 6:30pm
- 10/11 "Coffee Talk" 8-9 a.m. in cafeteria for parents to meet with admin for an informal meeting
- 10/11"Teach Like a Pirate" Book Study 3-4pm Library
- 10/12 Lifetouch Picture Make-Ups & PTA Executive Board Meeting 3-4pm
- 10/16-20 Red Ribbon Week & Grade Level PLC Week
- 10/19 School Site Council Meeting 2:30-3:30pm
- 10/21 KernCUE Techfest 8-3:30pm @ Castle Elementary
- 10/23-10/27 Parent Conference Week (Minimum Days)
- 10/31 Book Character Dress-Up Day (Halloween)
P.O.P. Power of Positive
Love hearing from staff that our students are making strides in their academics! Keep the rigor high and encourage students to do their best. When we tell them they can do it, they really can!
Great job 5th grade team travelling with their classes to Ronald Reagan this past week. Whipple and I enjoyed the field trips as well and learned a great deal about a fine President!
Thank you to our Sunshine Committee for sharing the love with a great lunch on Thursday! Spreading the love and sunshine at Standard!