OMS & OHS Library Media Newsletter
Things Mrs. McCarty can do for you:
- Assist with research
- Talk about books
- Teach web programs and tools
- Teach and assist with green screen projects
- Help troubleshoot technology
- OHS - Connect students with a peer tutor
- Purchase books you want available in the library! I love getting suggestions from students and teachers! Please e-mail me suggestions!
- Design tutorials and lessons
- Order books, videos, or other materials from the MORE system
- Compile websites, books, and e-books for your class assignments
- Co-Teach lessons/units- I specialize in inquiry/problem based learning and technology integration (in your classroom or the library)!
- Find ways to connect your classroom beyond our walls with videoconferencing.
- Find ways to share student work with authentic audiences!
- Support curriculum through extended and personal learning opportunities with our library competitions! If you have ideas, send them my way!
- Plus much, much more...
Tech Tip: Add Canva.com to your toolbox!
- locker signs
- flyers - Example
- info-graphics - beginning this year, all 6th graders will be familiar with Canva and infographics.
- post cards
- social media posts
- magazine and book covers
- and much more!
Choose from hundreds of professionally designed layouts, or work from scratch!
Great for educational and personal applications!
Schedule a tutorial or learning session with Mrs. McCarty if you are interested in using it for your classes or clubs!
Research Tip: Add Inquiry and Problem Based Learning into your curriculum this year!
As always, I am happy to help design and/or collaborate on inquiry and PBL units in all curricular areas!