A Weekly Look at Grant Elementary School & the Grant PTA
Week of August 26, 2019
*Reminder: Labor Day is 9/2 - No School
A Message from Principal Grey
Dearest Grant Community,
Back to School Night, Grades 2-6, 9/4
- 6:15 pm-7:15 pm 2nd & 3rd grade with teachers in their classrooms
- 7:15 pm-7:30 pm All grades 2nd-6th in the Multi with Principal Grey
- 7:30-8:30 pm 4th-6th grade with teachers in their classrooms
Please remember that U-turns on Grant Avenue are unsafe during school hours. We have had several occasions where we have worried about student safety due to U-turns.
Please also be careful to come to a full stop before driving through the crosswalk and make sure that there are no students present before proceeding. We have noticed that parents often accidentally roll through the crosswalk as they watch their child walk into school. Thank you for being aware and doing your part to keep Grant safe!
After School Enrichment Classes Starting in September
Enrollment is now open and classes are already filling up for our After School Enrichment programs.
After School classes generally cannot start until 5-10 minutes after the final release. Reminder: parents are responsible for their children once released from school. If your child is in Kinder or a lower grade, please let the teacher and after school instructor know your plan once kids are released from school. You may want to deliver a snack and stay with your child until their class starts, bring them back to school at the designated time, or sign up for a "drop‐in" day at the YMCA Onsite After Care. It is the parents' responsibility to sign up for After Care and to also notify the YMCA about the child's ASE schedule.
Ice Cream Social Volunteers Needed, 9/13
We need your help scooping ice cream, refilling topping bowls, keeping the flow of the lines moving and keeping things tidy to avoid having a big mess at the end. Please check our this Sign-Up Genius to see if you can pitch in.
Picture Days, 9/19 & 9/20
We are so excited about many components of Mugsyclicks, and one thing we are looking forward to the most is the fact you will be able to view several different portraits of your student online after your photo days and choose the ones you like best. You will then be able to order packages of photos right off of their website. More information will be sent home closer to our picture days.
Grant PTA Online
Be a Room Parent or PTA Liason
Both positions are key to making sure teachers feel supported and are great ways to kick start your involvement at Grant!
*Room parents work with their child's teacher to organize parties. They put together teacher gifts and sometimes help teachers get items donated for projects.
*PTA Liasons help spread word about PTA events and get messages out to other parents in their child's class.
To sign up, email Cassie at firstname.lastname@example.org and talk to your child's teacher at Back to School Night.
Girls On the Run is Back!
Next School Year's Calendar
In the Thank You Column:
- Many thanks to Cassie Propst and Rosalie Thompson for organizing the volunteer job forms and hosting the welcome coffee on the first day of school. Your work is so appreciated.
- Thank you to Principal Grey, PTA President Lisa Johnson and Grant Kinder & 1st grade teachers for a great back to school night. Your extra efforts are so appreciated.
- Big Thanks to all our Grant families who have donated toy kitchen items to our Kindergarten classes.
- Many thanks to Grant custodians Mr. Lal and Francisco, who took on extra tasks during back to school events in August. Thank you for going above and beyond in setting out tables and helping volunteers clean up.
At A Glance
September 2- Labor Day - NO SCHOOL
September 4- Back to School Night Grades 2-6
September 9-13- Book Fair
September 13- Grant PTA BBQ, 5:30-7pm
September 19- Picture Day
September 20- Picture Day