Abortion: Pros and Cons
By: Harrison Bickham
The Pros of Abortion-
2- Abortions could stop the number of children abused each day.
3- Abortions could stop the number of high school dropouts. Due to teen pregnancy.
4- Abortions could stop the number of children living in poverty
5- Abortions help promote a more stable financial life.
The Cons of Abortion-
2- The fetuses feel pain during the abortion procedure.
3- Children have the right to live.
4- Abortions can cause psychological damage in the carrier.
5-Abortion eliminates the potential societal contributions of a future human being.
Facts about Abortion
- 1.1 million U.S. abortions each year.
- Nearly 1 in 4 (22%) of pregnancies end in abortion
- 50% of women now seeking abortion have had at least one previous abortion.
- The U.S. abortion rate is among the highest of developed countries.
- 51% of abortions are performed on women less than 25 years of age.
- Approximately 1/3 of American women have had an abortion by age 45.
- Abortion disproportionately affects black and Hispanic women.
- Heavy bleeding
- Incomplete abortion
- Damage to the cervix
- Scarring of the uterine lining
- Uterine perforation
- Damage to internal organs
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Eating disorders
- Relationship problems
- Flashbacks of abortion
- Suicidal thoughts
- Alcohol and drug abuse