ORE Monday Notes
The Curriculum PLC Tuesday Afternoon Meeting is Cancelled for Today!
Causes and Cures - Chapter 5 Book Study Discussion will be next Tuesday, April 19th. Please read Chapter 5 by next Tuesday.
- Please review the Master Calendar in Outlook for updates for this week. I also encourage you to look ahead because many dates have been added for End of the Year stuff (like Awards Day, etc.) that you need to be aware of :). Let me know if you have any questions. If you were one of the ones who had your computer mess up over spring break due to the power outage you may find that the school's master calendar is not longer side by side of your personal calendar in Outlook. Here is how you add it back so that you can see both calendars at the same time. 1. Go to our Oak Ridge SharePoint. 2. Choose "Calendar" on the far left side menu. 3. Up at the top you will see a Calendar Tab with two items below it - choose "Calendar". 4. Choose "Connect to Outlook" in this top tab area. Automatically your Outlook will open and you will see both your own Outlook Calendar and the School's Master Calendar. Remember - you can drag calendar items right over from the school's master to your own personal so that your phone/smart device is updated with important events, etc.
- My email from EVAAS/SAS was found in my Clutter File - please check this file in your Outlook on a regular basis to make sure your EVAAS/SAS email does not go into this account. If it does - right click on it and add it to your "safe" list.
- You may have heard - and yes it is true - we are going to be a host site for 1st-3rd grade Summer Camp this year. Summer Camp will run 8:00-2:30 for students and the dates are from June 20th-July 11th. Teachers who want to work during the summer at Summer Camp should look for an email/information this Friday, April 15th.
- Please remember to have your End of Year PDP Update done at least one day in advance of your PDP Review Meeting so that Mr. Smith and I have the chance to review it before the meeting :). Thanks so much for your work on this task. I am leaving the directions that were included in last week's Monday Notes below just in case someone did not get a chance to see them yet.
- On Friday, April 29th (Derby Day) we will hold a special assembly just for those students who are being awarded individual prizes at 10:00 am. You will have a list provided to you that lets you know who to send to this assembly in advance. Doing the assembly in this way will not cause sad or hurt feelings for those students who are not receiving prizes :). Then after lunch beginning at 1:15 we will hold the normal Derby Assembly where everyone comes and we do the King and Queen of the Derby Contest, announce the Classroom Party Winners, and then head out to run the actual race. We will aim to have everyone back inside by 2:15 ready for dismissal. Thanks for gearing up for this fun day! We hope everyone will participate like last year by wearing fun Derby Hats and being as creative as you can. We will do the same thing we did last year and ask all of those that participate to come up the stage so that all the kids can vote (by loudest clap) for the Kind and Queen titles and then those people will help us kick off/start the races!
End of Year PDP and Artifact Reviews
It is hard to believe we are at the end of the 15-16 Evaluation Cycle. By this time you have had 2 or 3 observations and completed both a Beginning PDP conference and a Mid-Year Review. We are now ready for the End of Year PDP Reviews. Here is the information that you need to prepare for this culminating portion of your yearly evaluation.
- Over the next few weeks from April 11-29 Mr. Smith and I will schedule a meeting time with you through Outlook. If you are one of the people I am observing this year I have already sent this to you and it should be on your Outlook Calendar - if not - let me know.
- We will hold this meeting in your classroom.
- You will need to have updated your PDP prior to this meeting. I like to review the written portion that you have updated prior to coming down to your room so if you can have this done a day or two in advance of our scheduled meeting that will be ideal. There are two portions for you to complete - the first is an update to the evidence of your progress (this should be similar to the artifacts that you will share - see next bullet below), the second portion is a brief narrative that you write that shares more information about the professional growth you have made this school year. In other words - what have been the outcomes of your PD and how have you grown professionally through your own Professional Development Plan?
- At the meeting you will share all of the artifacts that you have accumulated this school year that support your PDP and the learning that you have engaged with to grow professionally. I also ask that you have your full Lesson Plan book available for me to review at this meeting as well. For the artifacts - look at the activities that you identified that you would complete and then provide documentation of the activities that you have completed. For example - an artifact of a book that you read (if that was an activity that you identified) would be either a copy of the book, your notes from the reading, a list of the books you have read, etc.. Don't overthink this :) Just look at what you said you were going to do from the original beginning of the year PDP form and then document what you have accomplished. It is okay if the activities have changed over the course of the year - if so - just explain this in the End of Year Narrative portion of the document. As I have shared with you in the past - the way that I do this is by creating a manila file folder for each of my three goals and then each time I do something related to that goal I file that document in the file folder. Try to keep it simple and real - based on the real work you do each day!
- Following this End of Year PDP Review, Mr. Smith and I will then go back and update the final End of Year Summary Evaluation Form that we will share with you and get signatures on during the month of May.
- Please let us know if you have any questions.