Nurture. Collaborate. Own
We DID it! Great Job!
Staff Appreciation Days
5/2-5/6- Teacher/Para Appreciation Week
5/6- SNP Appreciation Day
5/11- Nurse Appreciation Day
5/17- Head Custodian Appreciation Breakfast
Inspiration for Your Week
Kudos Korner from the Admin Team
Media Center News
The end of the year is near, and we must start to look at the dates for getting materials back from students. Before I get started let me emphasize the following:
All library materials are available to teachers until the last day of instruction, so the following dates only apply to student checkout. Bookroom checkout policies are set by coaches, so please watch for emails from them concerning end of year returns.
May 6th - Last day for students to checkout books
May 13th - All student books must be returned by this date
- We need all items checked out by students back by the 13th, so that we have time to issue overdue notices and follow up with those students who have not returned what they have borrowed.
- Your help in getting student materials returned is very important, and we appreciate all you do to help us maintain our school book collection. Please make sure that your class has returned all their books by the 13th.
- The media center computers will still be available for student use until the last day of instruction. The comic corner will also be open for student use.
- We will have a Buy One, Get One Free book fair May 9th - May 13th. The fair will close at 12:00 PM on May 13th.
- There will be no preview for this fair.
- Only students with money may come on a pass during fair hours.
- This is a good opportunity for students to get summer reading material.
- Please take a moment to explain to students how Buy One, Get One Free works.
- Please also remind them to bring enough money for tax. The price in the flyer does not include tax.
- Much of this fair's proceeds go to funding the Birthday Book program for the beginning of next year.
- Classroom bins of Everybody paperbacks and some chapter books are available for teacher checkout, if you need books for students to read.
Keep encouraging students to have perfect attendance these last few weeks!
no news this week
Staff and Student FLP Surveys should be completed by May 13th. The student link can be found on the school's eCLASS landing page. I have included the Staff link below.
Yearbooks will be delivered on the day of your grade levels field day. There are a few 5th grade students that are unable to purchase yearbooks, if you are willing to donate a book. Please let me know. Donated books are being sold for $18. I also have 16 books that are missing their first page on sale for $10. They are being sold on a first come first served basis.
Thank you teachers for your cooperation during our book room inventory.
The book room will re-open on Monday, May 2, 2016.
It's inventory time!!!
If you have checked out any books, DVDs or resources from the Parent Center please return them by next Friday
Calendar of Events
Field Days next week!
5/2-5/6- Teacher Appreciation Week
Monday- Breakfast from Horace Mann- meet in cafe at 7:00 am
Tuesday- Gift from Admin
Wednesday- Gift from Admin
Thursday- Lunch from Rockbridge Baptist Church
Friday- Dessert and early out day
5/4- Principal meeting
5/5- K registration
5/6- SNP Appreciation Day- let our cafe folks know how much they are appreciated!
5/11- Nurse Appreciation Day- let Mrs. B know how much she is appreciated!
5/13- Relay for Life
5/16- Finalize Grades
5/17- Head Custodian Breakfast at the Infinity Civic Center
5/18- 5th grade promotion celebration at MHS 6 pm
5/23- End of year RBES due
5/25- LAST DAY FOR STUDENTS
5/26-27- Post planning for teachers
5/1 Kyla Ramsey
5/4 Allison Sockwell
5/7 Phyllis Nye
5/10 Bethany King
5/13 Tameika Hairston
5/18 Don Caron
5/19 Aisha Rodriguez
5/21 Paz Aguilar, Tina Martin
5/22 Shanna McCauley