Navigators Keep Their Compass Pointed toward Success
This month we will also kick off our student incentive program. This program recognizes our learners that go above and beyond in demonstrating our Compass Traits in all parts of our school. Students will receive points on Class Dojo that can be given by any staff member. Points can be used to purchase incentives at the end of each month including but not limited to; extra recess, lunch line skip passes, Principal for the Day, ice cream, lunch with principals and much more. Thanks to our Student Advisory Committee of 2022-23 for creating this system.
Thank you to everyone who is supporting our PTA World's Finest Chocolate Fundraiser. The Fundraiser continues through October 13th. All proceeds come directly back to support our campus!! Permission slips for boxes of chocolate are available in the front office.
Reminders and Events
10-9-23 No school
10-11-23 PTA Spirit Night at Cane's Chicken
10-12-23 Discover Dyslexia Seminar more info here
10-13-23 PTA Reflections Contest entries are due. Information is below
10-19-23 Martinez Band demonstration @ AMIS 7:00 p.m.z
10-21-23 MISD Wonderfall Festival at the Center for Performing Arts 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
10-26-23 5th Grade FAA Musical "A" Day Cast 7:00 p.m.
10-27-23 5th Grade FAA Musical "B" Day Cast 7:00 p.m.
- The front parking lot is NOT to be used for student drop off between 7:30-8:30 a.m. and 3:45-4:30 p.m. All students must be dropped off in the back of the building unless you are parking and walking into the office.
- Other general info:
- MISD does not allow food deliveries for students from services such as UberEats or Doordash. Parents are welcome to bring lunch and eat with your child during lunch time but please do not bring food to share with other students.
- If you are bringing a birthday treat for your child to share with their class at the end of the day please try to bring individually wrapped items so they are easier to pass out to students without having multiple hands touching unwrapped food.
- MISD requires all visitors to all district campuses to show a government issued ID before you are allowed to enter a building. Please help us to verify the identity and purpose for visit for all visitors by not holding the door open for others that might be standing behind you if you are entering our building. This practice helps to ensure the safety of all persons inside the building.
Readers Are Leaders!!!
Check out the latest info from our amazing librarian. AMI Library Services
Volunteers are always needed!! Sign up to volunteer for AMI Library here.
We are looking for several guest readers for our poetry walk for the book The Dirt Book from Oct. 18th through Nov. 2nd. Sign up for 1 or more slots here: www.signupgenius.com/go/5080D4AABAB2CABFA7-44447086-guest#/
Complete the background check prior to signing up: www.mansfieldisd.org/join-misd/campus-volunteers
SAVE THE DATE:
Literati Book Fair: Nov. 7-10, 2023
Make sure your child’s library book is stored in a plastic bag inside his/her backpack.
Important Information and Helpful Links
- MISD Parent University Educational Seminar information: Parent University season calendar
- Did you know if your family qualifies for the free or reduced lunch program your family also qualifies for other benefits through the Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer? More information about the P-EBT can be found at the Texas Human & Health Services Department.To fill out an application for the free or reduced lunch program please visit this link Student Nutrition
District website: https://www.mansfieldisd.org/
Compass Traits (Navigator behavior expectations)
AMIS PTA (the best Intermediate School PTA in MISD!!)
Join PTA at www.joinpta.org. Parents, students, grandparents, etc. can join!
PTA News --
Sign up for the Alma Martinez Reflections Contest!
Theme: I AM HOPEFUL BECAUSE.....
or you can submit electronically using the digital entry form link: forms.gle/ZRHxrB94zyJuTypv7
WORLD’S FINEST CHOCOLATE FUNDRAISER:
Bring your money or permission slip to the library and receive your box of chocolate before you leave for the day. Help us raise money for our amazing school! When you return the chocolate money, remember to sign the bottom if you want another box. We have BIG goals and need as many boxes as possible sold.
We need helpers in the morning to collect $$ and permission slips, and helpers in the afternoon to hand out chocolate boxes. Sign up here: https://signup.com/client/invitation2/secure/24530116024/false#/invitation
SPIRIT NIGHT -
Eat at Raising Cane's on Broad on Wednesday, Oct. 11, 2023 from 4-11 pm. Mention you are with AMI PTA when you place your order, and Cane’s will donate 15% of sales to our school
SAVE THE DATE
Save the dates for 2023-2024 PTA Membership Meetings -
Thursday, Nov. 30, 2023 @7 pm
Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 @7 pm
Thursday, April 25, 2024 @7 pm *2024-2025 Elections for PTA Executive Board
Thursday, May 16, 2024 @7 pm
Stay connected to the school and PTA by following these pages on Facebook: