~ MY Academy ~ Weekly Wrap Up
MY School. MY Way.
WEEK IN REVIEW
This week, you should have:
- Met with your Teacher of Record.
- Completed assigned diagnostics and Interest Profiles.
- Started getting orientated to your academic courses.
- If you haven't completed these, contact your Teacher of Record.
ASSESSMENT AND ACCOUNTABILITY
Subject Matter Assessments
- All students should have completed subject matter assessments this week. If you haven't completed these yet, contact your Teacher of Record for help.
- These assessments are mobile-friendly so you can log in on your phone and access your assessments there.
- USER TIP: Turn your phone horizontally for optimum viewing.
- Students in grades 6-12 should have completed an Interest Profile this week.
- If you have not completed this yet or are not sure what it is, contact your Teacher of Record.
- Be sure to share a copy of your results with your Teacher of Record so you can begin discussions on your academic and career path.
Starting the School Year Strong
Starting strong can be a great way to set yourself up for success. Here are a few tips for starting the year off strong.
- Communicate with your Teacher of Record regularly.
- Schedule when you will complete schoolwork each day.
- Learn actively. Take notes and complete activities and assessments.
- Advocate for yourself. Contact your teacher as often as you need help.
- Set goals and celebrate reaching them.
- You are expected to complete schoolwork each day that school is in session.
- Talk with your teacher about creating a schedule that works for you.
Student Pacing in Courses
- By now, you should have communicated with your Teacher of Record what pace you want to set for yourself:
- One class per Learning Period (LP) or
- A more traditional pace of 5-6 classes per semester.
- Both options will keep students on pace to graduate.
- If you haven't had this conversation yet with your Teacher of Record, do so now. They can help you create a pacing schedule to fit your individual needs.
School Culture and Support
- Student engagement is the backbone of our school culture. Get to know your teacher. Share your goals and hobbies. Ask for ways to get involved.
- Your Teacher of Record can tailor the curriculum to your interests.
- If you have not had a one-on-one meeting with your Teacher of Record yet, reach out and schedule one today!
- If you are over the age of 18, within 30 credits of graduating, and are interested in on-the-job training and job opportunities, talk to your teacher about the Possibility Project.
- This includes the possibility of paid, on-the-job training opportunities.