Message from Mr. D
This past month Dyer has hosted many enjoyable events. Our “Evening with Santa” went off without a hitch. Everyone who attended had a good time. Our students were able to share their Christmas wish list with Santa, get their picture taken with Santa, enjoy a movie with family and friends, and support a worthy cause, our Dyer Relay for Life Team. Thank you to Ms. Hewitt, Ms. Godfrey and the rest of the Relay Team and volunteers for organizing this great event.
We also hosted our annual Holiday Lunch. We had a fantastic turnout and the cafeteria looked amazing. Thank you to Ms. Simmons for the decorations and to Mrs. Bowen and her cafeteria staff for their hard work in making this such a huge success.
Dyer had a successful launch of our Facebook page and our Remind text sign-up. These two tools are great at helping us to keep our families and friends up to date on all the happenings here at Dyer. People were able to see and read about events such as our Principal for a Day, Fine Arts Night, Spelling Bee, and Holiday Lunches. If you have not yet signed up, please do so ASAP! (Instructions are included below.)
Here at Dyer, we have many fun activities and events planned for the remainder of the school year. I have highlighted a few, but this is not a complete list of all the events and activities we will conduct the second semester. As each event draws nearer, more information will be sent home with your child.
· January 6th – Return to school
· January 19th – Student Holiday (no school)
· January 22nd – STEM Night (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Night)
· February 16th – Student Holiday (no school)
· February 25th & 26th – Early Release Conferences
· March 31st – Spring Concert
· April 21st – May 1st – Milestone Testing
· May 1st – Dyer Night at the Gwinnett Braves
· May 8th – Relay for Life
· May 11th – Field Day K & 1
· May 13th – Field Day 2 & 4
· May 15th – Field Day 3 & 5
· May 16th – Dyer Spring Festival
· May 20th - 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony (9:00 am)
· May 20th – Last day of school
As a reminder, information about Gwinnett school closings can be found on WSB-TV, the GCPS Webpage, and the GCPS Twitter & Facebook pages. Please also remember, that if Gwinnett schools are closed, all after school activities are cancelled. This includes all programs and sporting events, (including rec. league games and practices).
The faculty and staff of Dyer Elementary School wish you a safe and happy holiday season!!!!
Georgia's New Milestone Testing
Parents please click on the link to learn more about Georgia's new Milestone Testing. This test will be replacing the CRCT.