Sequoia Elementary Newsletter
School News and Updates
On Monday, we had a Walk-A-Thon kick off assembly for our Sequoia Safari themed Walk-A-Thon! You should have received a packet that came home with your child that includes everything you'll need to know about this amazing event sponsored by our Sequoia Parents Club. Please consider asking family and friends for donations that will go toward fieldtrips, assemblies and more! Also, there are many opportunities for you to volunteer before and on the the day of the actual event. If you are available to help in some way, contact Amy Niesen (SPC President) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent-Teacher conferences begin next Monday, September 24th through October 5th. Conferences are a great opportunity to get to know your child's teacher and the curriculum expectations for the year. In addition, it will be a chance for you to talk with the classroom teacher about your child's strengths, challenges and interests. We know that students are most successful when home and school work together as a team. If you haven't yet scheduled a conference, please get in touch with your child's teacher. Remember that for these two weeks school will be dismissed at 1:55 everyday.
Rincon Valley is excited to bring a parent event to our community and hope that you will join us! For Parent University workshop descriptions and sign up information, please go to the RVUSD website www.rvusd.org. In addition to the educational workshops, there will be a Resource Fair featuring over 25 local youth organizations. We hope to see you on September 22nd. Registration is open so sign up now!
Odyssey of the Mind
If you are interested in having your child participate in Odyssey of the Mind (OM), but aren’t sure what it’s all about, please come to Rincon Valley’s OM Parent Information Night in the Madrone Elementary cafeteria on Thursday, September 27, from 6:30-7:30.
We will discuss what Odyssey of the Mind is all about, how to form a team, the responsibilities of OM parent coaches, and try a couple of OM type problems. Children are welcome to attend as well, but the focus will be on information for parents. OM is open to all students and all grade levels (K-8) in Rincon Valley.
Please email Kathy Alexander, email@example.com, if you would like to attend.
Here is the link to the OM website for more information about the program: https://www.odysseyofthemind.com/.
Click the button below to check out the opportunities to help!
Sequoia Elementary School App
- School will be dismissed at 1:55pm from September 24th - October 5th due to parent-teacher conferences.
- If your child has an outstanding school breakfast/lunch balance that needs to be paid, please use the MySchoolBucks app or bring money to the office. You can even pay for breakfast/lunch on our school app; directions above.
- If your child uses the crosswalk at Dupont and Calistoga before or after school, please remind them to walk their bikes, listen to the crossing guard on duty and be aware of their surroundings. We want to make sure all students are safe getting to and from school.
- For safety purposes, please make sure you check in at the office whenever you are on campus during school hours. Even if you volunteer regularly, we'd like you to get a visitors badge at the office.
Dates to Remember
- Sept. 21st - No School, In Service Day
- Sept. 22nd - Parent University
- Sept. 24th-Oct. 5th - Fall Conferences (1:55pm Dismissal)
- Oct. 4th - Picture Make-up Day
- Oct. 10th - Walk and Roll to School
- Oct. 12th - Walk A Thon