Beginning Bandemic Week 37
April 26-30, 2021
A Note From Your Directors
Students received their solo results in class this week so encourage them to share their great news! Students who received a "1" also received a medal for their superior performance! Scroll down to see who won Outstanding Soloist Awards! Each room featured ALL THREE grade levels and this is quite an accomplishment to receive this additional certificate- congrats!
Movie Parties, donation fundraiser, May 3rd concert, instrument audit, and auditions for next year!
Mr. Wood, Mrs. Humphreys, Mr. Seymour
Private Movie Party
- The movie showings are capped at 20 people total (19 students, 1 director) so we scheduled 4 private movie showings.
- To attend one of the movie parties students should complete their permission slip and turn it in ASAP! Please ask your student for the permission slip!! If you lost your form we would like a parent to come into the lobby to sign one before you leave your student with us.
- Please do not show up earlier than 15 minutes before your scheduled time!
- Finally remember, we are covering the cost of the tickets, but any additional concession stand food is up to you!
Donation Fundraiser! Info below!
May Concert Information- Monday, May 3rd
We are excited to have an end of year performance featuring every band member! This is a major grade and will be a great way to close out a couple years unlike any other. Like all our other events, VA students will have an alternate assignment if your family does not want to attend this event.
When: Monday, May 3rd at 6:00-6:30. Students will stay after school so we can rehearse together
Food: We will provide dinner for band members (hotdogs, chips, & water). Students are welcome to bring additional food or eat after the event with your family if they choose.
What to wear: Blue band shirt, sunglasses, sunscreen, and water bottle. (shorts are welcome)
Where: Memorial Stadium!! - Parents will sit in the stands while the band performs on the track.
Instrument Audit- Wednesday, May 5th
This year we are having all school owned equipment audited on Wednesday May 5th.
- We do this every five years so it is VERY important that EVERY school owned instrument is in our possession on May 4th (whether face to face or virtual).
- We will still allow students to use their instruments through the end of the school year, but every instrument must be accounted for– thank you for your help with this!
Audition Information- Friday, May 7th
Here are the highlights:
- Brass and Woodwind students will need to upload the short song and then three scales (one being a one octave chromatic) by Friday 5/7.
- Percussion students will need to upload their audition materials by 5/7 also.
- ALL students, whether continuing in band or not should plan to submit a recording as this is also a test grade.
- Results and additional information (including the music if you lose it) can be found at www.staleyband.org/audition.
Information for 2021-2022 Returning Members
WE. ARE. BACK!
We spoke with administration and all our events, concerts, rewards, etc. are back at 100% next year. This includes performing for elementary schools, football games, concerts, contests, and more. This also includes our monthly rewards like movie parties, picnics, the luau, medieval times, urban air, main event, six flags, and more! Before covid hit we were one of the most active organizations on campus and we look forward to getting back to business as usual– we hope you are excited to join us in the fun next year. If you originally did not mark band as your 1st choice and want to get back in, just return THIS FORM and we will get your schedule changed!
SMSBPA Board Positions: We are losing some great 8th grade parents who have served for years. If you are interested in serving on our booster board please let us know asap! CLICK HERE for the form if you are interested. Please let us know by April 30th if you are able/willing to fill one of our executive rolls! If you have any questions let us know!
Band Fees/dues are back next year. Even though we are one of the more active bands, we have the lowest fees in the district. Our cost is $30 with an option to join the SMSBPA membership for an additional $10. Instrument usage fees of $100 for the year are also coming back, but as always we have financial aid available for any family who is in need and interested. All fees will not be due until the start of the 2021-2022 school year, but we wanted to give you a heads up.