By: Marlin Quevedo
Is it important?
Pros of surveillance technology
- Helps police find evidence for crimes
- Keeps schools secure
- Can keep houses safe from break-ins and burglary
- Can see who breaks the laws
In the article 'Catching and Eyeful it states "Using cameras to stop or prevent crime is becoming more common in Chicago and other cities". it also states "...technology is only one of the three main ingredients needed to create the safest schools possible".
This is some evidence that surveillance technology is a great idea and it helps a lot.
Cons of surveillance technology
- People want their privacy on the internet and more
- They cost too much
- Surveillance cameras are difficult to set up.
- Parents don't want their kids feeling like prisoners in school
In the article 'Catching an Eyeful' it states "...City Council ordered a halt to a camera surveillance project, citing privacy concerns and a need to reevaluate the project" and
in the article 'Surveillance Technology Keeps Schools Secure' is states "The other issue is fear that schools will come to resemble prisoners and students will feel like inmates".
This is some evidence that surveillance technology is a bad idea.