Central Springs Preschool
Sign up today! Central Springs offers a great 3-year-old and 4-year-old preschool program! Start your student on their academic journey with great learning experiences, amazing social interactions, and fun educational activities! Students must be 4 years of age by September 15, 2024, or 3 years of age by September 15, 2024, to be eligible for our program.
Keep reading to find additional information about what the program has to offer! If you have any questions about the program or registration please contact the program director, Lori Jost, at 641-749-5302 or elementary principal, Brooke Brunsvold at 641-454-3283.
Meet our teachers
Jennifer Martin- Manly Campus
Marti Steele- Nora Springs Campus
Hello! I'm Miss Marti and I have been teaching for 32 years. I have a background in elementary and early childhood education. This is my third year at Central Springs and my second year in Wee Soar Preschool.
Every year as a teacher has been full of new learning and growth for me as well as for the students. I started in education because I loved kids and wanted to be a positive influence and hopefully help them develop a love for learning. Each child is an individual with unique needs. They each learn in their own ways. I have the joy of facilitating experiences that help them grow and learn!
About our program:
The goal of Central Springs Preschool is to provide a high-quality preschool program that meets the needs of every child and family. We strive to create an environment in which diverse abilities, cultural differences, and unique talents of all members are recognized and celebrated. By including children of all ability levels, we honor our understanding when all children learn together, children of all levels benefit substantially. This encompasses all children, including those who are intellectually gifted, those identified as having other individual needs and those with complex behaviors.
We strive to implement best practices in Early Childhood Education. This means creating a safe, nurturing, and stimulating climate, where classroom activities are driven by children's current abilities and interests. Our preschool provides a rich learning environment that encourages children's natural curiosity and inspires them to take risks that lead to new skill development and prepare them to be lifelong learners. Our approach to learning focuses on facilitating student opportunities for hands-on experiences that encourage them to interact with others, solve problems, and also to work and learn cooperatively. Our classrooms are places where problems are posed and solutions are generated, and mistakes made are valued as learning experiences.
A variety of learning activities are planned each day for students. We utilize Creative Curriculum for all of our lesson planning. Classroom routines are designed to assist children in becoming independent and competent individuals. Our classrooms provide opportunities for the following:
- Large Group: During large group time, the teacher will provide the students with instruction based around a project or topic. Large group time fosters learning focused on big ideas around skills in literacy, math, science, and social studies.
- Center Time: Time for students to learn through play. Centers might include dramatic play, sensory play, cooperative games, manipulatives and toys, puzzles, block play, art, discovery, technology, music and movement, literacy, and project work.
- Story Time: Our preschool uses the method of Read It Again. This focuses on the repeated reading of text and provides activities to help children learn text features.
- Outside Learning/Large Motor Time: Outside learning time is meant to help promote large motor skills and enhance social interactions between peers.
- Small Group Time: The teacher and/or associate work with students individually or in small groups to learn and practice social/emotional, language, literacy, and math skills.
Central Springs School Lunch Program
Your student will have the opportunity to participate in our school lunch program. Below you will find the current prices for the 2023-2024 school year.
Breakfast - $1.60
Elementary Lunch (PreK-3) $2.40
Middle School Lunch (grades 4-8)- $2.75
High School Lunch - $2.78
Adult Lunch - $4.85
Extra Milk - $0.35
Are you in need of daycare? Central Springs is proud to offer daycare for our preschool students as well as before and after-school care for our school-aged students.
- School-based daycare
- Hours: 6:30 a.m. -5:30 p.m.
- Monday through Friday (coordinating with the school calendar).
- Cost: $3.50 per hour
Daycare enrollment requirements:
- Children must be at least three (3) years of age to attend daycare at Central Springs Community School District.
- Must be enrolled in our preschool program and/or attending school in our district.
- Students may not leave the building for part of the day and then come back to utilize the daycare. Once signed out, the student is signed out for the day.
The daycare follows the school calendar and will be open as listed below.
- Scheduled Late Start- 6:30 a.m.- 5:30 p.m.
- Scheduled Early Dismissal- 6:30 a.m.- 5:30 p.m.
- Scheduled No School- Daycare is closed
- Unscheduled Late Start- 6:30 a.m.- 5:30 p.m.
- Unscheduled Late Start followed by Cancellation- Daycare opens at 6:30 a.m. Upon school being cancelled, you are expected to pick your child up immediately.
- Unscheduled Early Dismissal- All children using daycare services during an unscheduled early dismissal are expected to be picked up within an hour of the early dismissal time.
Students must be pre-registered to participate in the daycare program. For us to be compliant with DHS, a parent must tell us their child(ren) will be using our services. Our daycare is not intended to be a drop-off service. Failure to inform staff that your child is using daycare on a specific day will forfeit your right to use the service again.