Our Lady of Lourdes School TERM 2
Nau mai, Haere mai, Welcome to Term 2
HELLO, KIA ORA, KIA ORĀNA, MALO E LELEI, TALOFA, NAMASTE, KUMUSTA...
Welcome to Term 2 - we are so excited to be with you all again. We truly hope that you all had a restful and blessed Easter week. During the break, we also had time to reflect on those people who made sacrifices for the life that we are able to enjoy.
This term we have some wonderful things planned for your child. This includes inquiring more into our Local Curriculum. We will heading to the Cathedral as well as visiting key places in the Manawatu over the coming months. We are working with Rangitane to plan our visit to Te Rangimarie Marae.
Three Way conferences will be held later in the term. We are looking at using a new School Management System for Reporting on mid year data. We will look forward to meeting in person as it has been a while since we have been able to do this.
Celebrating the Māori New Year with our dawn liturgy and breakfast - which our children/tamariki are still talking about.
Whanau Fridays will be returning - with our Whanau Leaders planning activities for all to participate in. Please see key dates below.
Thank you for all your support during these uncertain times. We are still seeing active Covid cases in our school and we appreciate that many of our Year 4-6 children continue to wear their masks for the good of all. Let us hope this term is a better one for us all.
We are have returned to normal school times now that we are back in ORANGE level. A duty teacher will be out from 8.20am with Road Patrollers on duty from 8.30am. Morning tea times for all is 11.15-11.45am, lunch from 1.15-1.55pm with the end of the day at 2.55pm.
We are returning to this every Monday morning in the church which is a lovely way to begin the week.
Our senior children are excited to be out again on Road Patrol again. We ask that you use the school crossing and support our patrollers for the safety of all.
We look forward to a wonderful term ahead.
Blessings to you all for the week ahead
CATHOLIC CHARACTER - LITURGY for this week
NEW WORLD SUPPORT AND NEW TOKENS NOW AT PIONEER NEW WORLD
Term 2 Liturgy
TERM TWO DATES
- Monday May 2 - FIRST DAY OF TERM TWO
- Sunday May 8 - Mothers Day
- Wednesday May 11 - Oaktia trip to the Cathedral (Junior hub Room 1,2,3)
- Thursday May 12 - Tu Manawa trip to the Cathedral (Middle hub - Room 4,5)
- Monday May 16 - ANGELUS PRAYER for the next two weeks every midday
- Tuesday May 17 - Library bus returning to our kura/school
- Thursday May 19 - Te Awhina trip to the Cathedral (Senior hub - Room 6,8)
- Thursday June 2 - SCHOOL CROSS COUNTRY - Monrad Park
- Friday June 3 - TEACHER ONLY DAY - SCHOOL CLOSED
- Monday June 6 - QUEEN'S BIRTHDAY - SCHOOL CLOSED
- Thursday June 23 - Matariki Dawn Liturgy, breakfast and day of celebrating
- Friday June 24 - MATARIKI Public Holiday - SCHOOL CLOSED
- Wednesday June 29 - SCHOOL CONFERENCES (1-6pm) - school closes at 12.30pm, please make arrangements for your child to be picked up at 12.30pm.
- THURSDAY June 30 - SCHOOL CONFERENCES (3.30-6pm)
- FRIDAY JULY 8 - LAST DAY OF TERM 2
TERM DATES for 2022
Term 2 - Monday 2nd May - Friday 8th July
Term 3 - Monday 25th July - Friday 30th September
Term 4 - Monday 17th October - 14th December (to be confirmed)