Monday 11th January, 2016
to Miranda, on the birth of her baby boy.
to Cheryl for being accepted as an IB workshop leader; she joins Elaine as a recent addition to the DC IB team;
to Cheryl for taking a group of Y9 students to the ESF Geo Quiz, where they came second place.
MYP Evaluation Report
Congratulations to you all for the following commendations:
- Teachers in all subjects effectively use formative assessment to provide regular feedback to students on their learning.
- The school has taken advantage of a variety of opportunities to actively participate in and contribute to the IB world community.
- The library plays a significant role in the ongoing implementation and development of the programme.
- Parents, students, and teachers place a strong emphasis on the personal project, its significance and relevance for students and the Personal Project exhibition.
Recommendations come as no surprise and are around the following areas: embedding ATLs in our written curriculum; having an ATL chart; embedding Service as Action opportunities with our written curriculum; an IDU in each year level on the new IDU planner; more collaborative time to be given in order to develop these.
The report has now been uploaded to the Secondary google community for those interested.
SLT and Andy's roles:
Two key highlights:
- PRF to go into the Secondary tray as usual
- Leave forms, see Sue.
Please see your direct 'line manager' for any inquiries.
Featured article of the week:
Wishing you all a most joyful week.