The Blazer Times
May 17, 2020
Dear Sun Valley Families,
I want to first say Thank You for your participation in our "virtual" teacher appreciation week. The video created for our teachers with the photos you sent was very appreciated by our staff. I also wanted to say THANK YOU for being our "co-teachers" during this time and helping with monitoring your students with the lessons their teachers are creating for them. We appreciate you too!
We are fast approaching the end of the school year and I wanted to make sure to communicate some important information.
- We will begin to collect Chromebooks on May 27th, May 28th, and May 29th. Just like we distributed them curbside, we will be collecting them curbside. We have designated days for grade levels, however you are more than welcome to come on any of the days and times listed on our flyer. We created our schedule by grade levels so that the students and teachers could see each other one last time before the end of the school year. Of course we will be following all social distancing practices during our collections.
- Please note that on Wednesday, May 27th and Thursday, May 28th during the day we will be using the bus loading loop to collect devices. This is so we do not interfere with food distribution that takes place in the front loop. You will need to enter at the third entrance gate, which is the staff parking lot entrance.
- On these same days we will be giving students a bag with their belongings from the classroom. In the bag you will also find your child's group picture, if they were ordered, and their EOY award.
- If you have any other items that belong to Sun Valley, like library books or text books, please bring them on these days to drop off also.
- We will have a late night for families who are working during the day, on Thursday, May 28th from 5:00-6:30PM. We will be back in the front loop for this time period.
- To help us run things smoothly and swiftly, please put your yellow card in your front window if you have one. Feel free to use any paper and write your child's or children's names and their teachers on there for faster service.
- In regards to Award Ceremonies we will still be having them! In order to keep everyone safe, they will be "virtual" award ceremonies! Teachers will be sending you, via Remind, a link so you can watch at your convenience and even go back to as a memory in the future.
- Since we need to collect all technology devices beginning May 27th, our last 8 days of instruction will be items where you do not need technology. We will be sending out a calendar with assignments for those remaining days until June 4th.
- The assignments for the last 8 days of instruction will be all the FUN activities we usually do at the end of the school year, every year. This includes field day, but FAMILY STYLE. We will be sending out that information by May 26th.
- End of year Report Cards will be mailed to all students.
- There will be an online Summer Instructional Recover Program held in July for students who have NOT been completing their distance learning assignments. Teachers will be sending reminders about missing assignments so that students can catch-up. Remember there is no penalty for late assignments, so get them in to avoid having to attend summer school. Remember that if you are missing assignments you will need to get them completed and submitted to the teacher by May 26th as we will be collecting the Chromebooks, starting May 27th. The summer Instructional Recovery Program will be help from July 13th to 30th, Mon.-Thurs. It will also be online instruction.
In closing, I want to once again say thank you for your help and support during this very unique situation. Please know that we really miss our students and everything about school, but we also want to make sure that we keep everyone safe. As always if you have any questions, please feel free to email me. Thank you.
Veronica Cuenca-Wilson, Principal
SPRING PICTURE INFORMATION
If you ordered your child's group/class pictures, we will be giving those out when you come to drop off technology and pick up student belongings. The pictures will be given to your classroom teacher and they will be placed in the bag with your student's belongings.
Individual Spring Portraits:
Emails were sent to the email address we have on file with your child's proofs of their individual spring portrait. If you did not receive an email then please go to this Website: https://inter-state.com/myordercode . If it says that we do not have your email address on file, then you will answer "No, ask me for more information". It will then ask you for more information about your child and then they will email you later with your access information.