Late Winter editon
Shiloh Farms Homeowners Annual Meeting
Date: Saturday, February 11, 2023
Time: 10 a.m. (Sign in begins at 9:30 a.m.)
Place: Shiloh Farms Clubhouse, 6025 Shiloh Road East, Alpharetta GA 30005
Topic: Shiloh Farms HOA Annual Meeting
Time: Feb 11, 2023 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 826 3526 7737
What are we voting on?
We will be voting on two very important amendments to our By Laws and a new Board member at the annual meeting.
1. Submission to the POAA (Town Hall held on January 18th at 6:30pm to have all questions answered by the lawyer).
Date: Wednesday January 18th, 2023
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 882 1190 9751
2. Trash amendment (ASKED FOR BY RESIDENTS AT THE LAST ANNAUL MEETING): it states that if trash services cease, the increased dues for trash services will not be included in annual dues.
3. Voting on new board member
Why do I need to turn in a consent form and a Proxy?
If you are not attending the meeting, please submit both your consent form for the amendments and a proxy form so that your proxy can vote on the new board member in your stead.
How do I VOTE?
2. Drop off your consent form and proxy form (for board member election) at 9:30am at the clubhouse before the annual meeting and attend the annual meeting virtually.
3. Give your proxy and consent form to a neighbor and instruct them how to vote on your behalf for the Board member position.
4. Submit your proxy and consent form to a Board member and instruct them how to vote for the board member position by dropping it in one of the following mailboxes (please place ballot and proxy in an envelope):
Crofton: Dawn Bourg 6830 Ulster Court
Belmont: Lance Hall 6540 Barrington Run
Ridgefield: Hokan Ojert 6715 Ridgefield Drive
5. Submit your proxy for Board member election and completed consent form to Carrie Neville at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to let her know how you would like to vote on Board member.
Please take the time to vote. We need to make quorum for the meeting and if we don't get enough participation it will cause undue work for the Board of Directors.
Annual Dues Increase
As mentioned in prior Scoops, your Board obtained competitive quotes from several vendors to help reduce rising costs due to exceptionally high inflation.
You may recall that your annual HOA fee includes a "base" fee for routine maintenance and a "pass through" charge for trash management. As a result of our efforts, our base HOA fee of $825 will increase by less than 5% to $866.10. This is significantly lower than inflation. In addition, in 2023 you will benefit from a full twelve months of discounted trash service fees. Red Oak will increase their monthly fees by 5% to $23.10 in April 2023. This fee will be 8% lower than their public offer and 14% lower than the Waste Management fee – their only competitor in our area next year.
Your total 2023 annual HOA fee will therefore be $1,140. See the link to "Your 2023 HOA fee explained" for a clear explanation of how this was calculated.
Your Board will provide a more detailed description of our inflation mitigation exercise at the Annual Shiloh Farms HOA meeting.
Assessments will be due February 1st, 2023 and will not be considered late until March 1st, 2023. Statements and annual budget information were mailed out on January 12th, 2023 and will hopefully arrive by January 18th or 19th 2023.
Shiloh Farms HOA BOD
Director Jane McLain Vice President Belmont email@example.com
Director Gary Nixon Treasurer Belmont firstname.lastname@example.org
Director Lance Hall Secretary Belmont email@example.com
Director Dawn Bourg Member at Large Crofton firstname.lastname@example.org
Association Manager (CMA) Carrie Neville 404-835-9216 CMA email@example.com